My Wii busted....

plug-in1740

WiiChat Member
Nov 20, 2006
Wii Online Code
8255-7495-4211-1879
Right so I wait up to get my Wii get it home and I was on the interface still putting it the time of day and the thing just burnt up. The power suply is garbage now. I know this because i bought 2 and was switching out different pieces to find the problem and it was the power suply.

NOTICE TO ALL WHO HAVE DEFECTIVE SYSTEM: When my broke and i was swithcing out pieces i noticed that on the power suply where you plug it into the well there is a little white piece on the tip of it. Well my other Wii system and my 2 friends that got one all have a black piece on the tip of the plug. Not sure if this means anything but it would be nice to know if other people who are having problems have the white piece.

Mines, fine... but just out of curiosity and I am sure this will help other people with defective Wii;s.... BUt, what are the procedures if you have a defective Wii? Do you call Nintendo or bring it back to the store you bought it from? How did Nintendo react? And anythiong else that may be helpful to people with busted up Wii's.

sorry to hear that :( but ur damn lucky to have a back up! i dont even have one yet! damn my populated state of new york :|

ABC said:
Mines, fine... but just out of curiosity and I am sure this will help other people with defective Wii;s.... BUt, what are the procedures if you have a defective Wii? Do you call Nintendo or bring it back to the store you bought it from? How did Nintendo react? And anythiong else that may be helpful to people with busted up Wii's.

Actually i have not taken it back to the retailer yet or talked to nintendo about it. Been kinda busy latly to do anything about it but i will let you know as soon as i talk to somebody.

plug-in1740 said:
Actually i have not taken it back to the retailer yet or talked to nintendo about it. Been kinda busy latly to do anything about it but i will let you know as soon as i talk to somebody.

Ok cool man. I think that info would prove very usefull to the people that have a defective one or are going to get one soon.

Well it's been my understanding with all game and game systems that they come with a 30 day return policy. But with games you can only swap for the same thing. Game systems 30 day return policy. After that I'm sure you have to take up nintendo on their warranty.

I actually heard that if you have a defective system you can call Nintendo and they will ship another to you in a few days (So says IGN, anyways).

Darn man, that sucks - but I'm sure if you call Nintendo right away they will make it all good and send you a new one. But your store you bought it from has stock, might as well try taking it back for an exchange.

Back