My Wii Channel Ideas

Tim the Elite

aka Scumf*ck
Apr 6, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Wii Online Code
1970-2768-0065-5051
First off, NO THESE CHANNELS ARENT REAL, just some ideas I have.
And also, Rep me if you like my ideas.

Wii Media Channel
Wouldnt it be kickass to have a Wii Media channel, where all media like photos and videos and mp3s can be viewed or played. I know theres already a photo channel, but Nintendo could always update the photo channel to a full blown media channel.

FEATURES:
- Full DVD support
- MP3 support
- Video support
- Photo Support

WiiMail Channel (Email Channel)
This channel is a total copy of Outlook Express but just with some nintendo logos. It would have all the features of Outlook Express. And also...

FEATURES:
- Video streaming
- Photo receiving
- Emoticons

DS Channel
This channel would sync the Wii with your DS. It would allow you to download and play game demos via Ds Download Play. It would also let you play your DS games on the TV... wirelessly. You could choose to view only the top screen on the TV or only the bottom screen or both screens on the TV. It would also let you draw things on your TV via the touchscreen of the DS.

FEATURES:
- Play DS on your TV
- Download game demos
- Draw things on your TV

Wii Demo Channel
Pretty self explanitory. Play Wii demos downloaded onto your Wii via the internet and stored temporarily in your Wii systems memory.

FEATURES:
- You can demo games

Well thats about it for my ideas, if you liked them rep me, if you have any ideas just reply and ill add them.

Pretty good ideas, and the DS Channel and Wii Demo Channel are great ideas that could become true.THe other two... Well, the WiiMail thing just sounds like a more innovative version of the Wii Messaging or whatever. And the Media Channel, well I dunno. DVD support is impossible right now, no DVD drive. The other media, I'm not so sure that'll be too soon in our future, but it might happen.
And that's one thing that's bad about the Wii. PS3 AND 360 have demos for games. The Wii doesn't. Dx
They could at least have them on the marketplace.
...Though either way, the 360 marketplace beats all the other systems' in my own opinion. Dx

Kumoriken said:
DVD support is impossible right now, no DVD drive.

Its entirely possible, the Wiis drive is a DVD drive. There is a homebrew Wii DVD Player which you can use if you have a modchip so with a firmware update nintendo could make DVDs viewable

Last edited:
Tim the Elite said:
Its entirely possible the Wiis drive is a DVD drive. There is a homebrew Wii DVD Player which you can use if you have a modchip so with a firmware update nintendo could make DVDs viewable

o_O;; Wow, really? I didn't know that. xD

These would be cool. Too bad the Wii isn't that powerful...

Ah well, I bought my Wii for a gaming console, not an all-in-one media supercomputer with lots of shiny gizmos and doodads. That's why I bought a Wii over a PS3 ;)

Currently I'm using TVersity to stream video from my desktop to my Wii, right now I have to open opera, wait, then go to favorites, then click on my intranet link. Not a huge chore, but it could be more convenient.

One channel idea is to allow custom channels that utilize the Opera browser but go directly to the favorite. Palm OS users might recognize this form of link launcher, and whether they realize it or not, Windows users can set up icons on their desktop that take them directly to web links.

The custom/favorites channel creation could allow you to make links to flash games, blogs or other net content you use daily. As small a thing as it is, it would be a nice feature.

y dont u just use the bookmarks in the internet channel... coz even if u had shortcuts to websites in the wii menu u would still have to wait for the net to connect

Tim the Elite said:
y dont u just use the bookmarks in the internet channel... coz even if u had shortcuts to websites in the wii menu u would still have to wait for the net to connect

Wiinter said:
right now I have to open opera, wait, then go to favorites, then click on my intranet link.

Uh, I do. ^

Nintendo is working on more channels!

I found out a few weeks ago that "apparently" Nintendo is working on the following channels:

Wii Messenger
Wii Media Player
Wii Marketplace

Back