My Wii Died

ToadIsDoingMagicMushrooms said:
Just read something in the Online subforum explaining that it was because so many people were downloading the update at once that slowed the system down.

That would just slow down the timeit takes to update.

That won't break your wii.

Yeah thanks mate.

I'm still gonna wait for a while.

Need to buy a wireless router.

Then have fun having to download like 4 patches at once when you do decide to.

mine took like an hour to update , [AU] on 128k isdn , i just switched to tv for awhile , flicked back and the screen burner thing had come on and screwed the download , so another hour.. then it updated fine.

all i can say is do your screen burner settings before you update. The whole internet thing seems dodgy though ATM. Takes like 5 mins to open the store.

nokia said:
mine took like an hour to update , [AU] on 128k isdn , i just switched to tv for awhile , flicked back and the screen burner thing had come on and screwed the download , so another hour.. then it updated fine.

all i can say is do your screen burner settings before you update. The whole internet thing seems dodgy though ATM. Takes like 5 mins to open the store.

Browsing and opening the store are not one in the same. The store takes a while because the servers are being owned by all the people connecting to them/downloading off of them.

i would update it it will fix allthe bugs and there was something up with sensor bar it updates i heard

vagrant said:
Browsing and opening the store are not one in the same. The store takes a while because the servers are being owned by all the people connecting to them/downloading off of them.

The browser isnt available yet (atleast in AU). But yes i imagine the server load is bad ATM , but its gonna be in a world of hurt on the 25th ;)

id update it now , before the storm.

Well what about those who don't have the internet?
Then they can't update?

Alot of the later fixes will be mostly game content and online related stuff.

And ya opera isn't out yet. But the word around the street is the 23rd.

Back