My Wii froze once

sqWiigee

WiiChat Member
Jun 25, 2007
Hey guys,

My wii froze up when me and my friend were playing wii sports :S , it froze up and then we reset it and then played again for a little while, in 4 hours time we played again for 2 and a half hours and nothing happend. I asked some people and i was told it was safer to return it as i only have a 7 day return at eb games, i was also told that it was no big deal and it was the first time it was turned on in awhile so it's normal. What do you guys think i should do?

- Thanks

I had Red Steel freeze once. Never happened since.

yeah, i think i will wait a few days and if it happens again then i will take it back but for the most part i'm sticking with the keeping it option

mines frozen playin redsteel and wiisports. never happened again. just like any other electrical device, games do that. If your using the paper case tjhat comes with wii sports i suggest you switch to a plastic cd case. My copy of wii sports was getting damaged when i pulled it in and out of the paper case (i was playing it and it gave me an error message that said the disc could not be read so i used disc cleaner and put it in the new case and it hasnt messed up since) so i suggest putting it in a new case and u wont get disc problems.

you know whats ironic. When something overheats it freezes. lol
think about it, the words overheat aka hot and freeze aka cold. Kinda silly however we came up with that mixture of words.

sqWiigee said:
Hey guys,

My wii froze up when me and my friend were playing wii sports :S , it froze up and then we reset it and then played again for a little while, in 4 hours time we played again for 2 and a half hours and nothing happend. I asked some people and i was told it was safer to return it as i only have a 7 day return at eb games, i was also told that it was no big deal and it was the first time it was turned on in awhile so it's normal. What do you guys think i should do?

- Thanks

Hey, I hate ragging on newish members, but seriously, this happens to everyone and has been discussed many times. Please search.

But to go along with this, no need to worry, give it a few more days, then if it keeps freezing, send it in to get it sorted out.

Mine froze once on the internet channel, before the full version was available it has never done it since.

Mine froze once in SSX Blur, that was the only time.

If it freezes on you often either return it if you can, or get it replaced.

Back