my wii in june

Lol, ok, i'll explain to you why the Wii will be the best console by mid-2007.

I. The game list, look it up for yourself and compare it to the other console's, no comparison.

II. Innovative controller.

III. Possibly new colors out by then (not confirmed).

IV. This is probably the most minor reason, but it's lightweight and very portable (very unlike the 360 and PS3).

V. The "Wii Shop" Channel allows you to buy games from the previous nintendo consoles (SNES, N64, and many more). plus, from time to time it offers free channel downloads (so far they've done that with the internet channel).

VI. So many reasons, it would take hours to tell them all to you!

i agree with u on most things but the lightweight thing really dosent help me because its not like im gonna carry it around all day. thanks for telling me though

Thechickenman27 said:
i agree with u on most things but the lightweight thing really dosent help me because its not like im gonna carry it around all day. thanks for telling me though
Like I said, that's the most minor detail about it. Nevertheless, no problem for the info. :)

It is a good console.. but the real question you should be asking is if it's a good console for you?

If you prefer hi-def realistic graphics then the Wii will fall short of your expectations, as where 360 and Ps3 will not.

If you're a nostalgic gamer, then you'll love the Wii. Connecting to the internet (which Nintendo charges absolutely nothing for) will allow you to shop through old games from the NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, and Turbografx-16 consoles, with more consoles coming soon. All at a very fair price between $5-$10 USD each. Yes, you could just use an emulator for 360 and possibly Ps3 if it's out yet, and play the same games, which are most likely going to work, but atleast with VC they're guaranteed to work and the classic controller will emulate the old controls best.

If you're into multi-player games, the Wii is definitely not one to disappoint. Not only will gamers love playing along side you, but so will non-gamers (parents, grandparents, or friends and relatives who basically don't care much for video games or are so far behind they put no effort into catching up) and everyone will have a blast.

If you're saving up your money to buy a new console, or only have a choice between a Wii or a 360 or Ps3, then try all 3 or try the Wii and the other console in question and see what you like best.

The Wii is almost all about the Wiimote! so if you ain't feeling the controllers... I guess you should stick to a 360 or ps3! but if you like them like I/We do then you will love the Wii... plain and simple!

Let_It_Burn said:
The Wii is almost all about the Wiimote! so if you ain't feeling the controllers... I guess you should stick to a 360 or ps3! but if you like them like I/We do then you will love the Wii... plain and simple!
Don't forget about all the Nintendo-only games that are coming out that are going to be AMAZING.

Best...console....ever! And I should know, I have all of them except PS3 (but i've played a ps3, it's not good enuff to own yet). The Wii is so above and beyond anything else. People want to rag on it's lack of high def graphics and what not, I say who cares. Zelda looks pretty good to me! I dont know why people want to be playing with photo-realistic things anyway. Suspension of disbelief and seeing and doing things that AREN'T real is what makes games so fun.

The controller and interface is what really got me hooked though. Before I got the Wii my attitude was "The wii looks so cool, i want one" and after I got one, my attitude became "The wii is the single greatest accomplishment mankind has ever achieved, in the history of the universe. amen."

Seriously, the thing is so fun on so many levels and for so many reasons it boggles the mind that a game system could be that way, and one ponders why it hasn't been done before. Leave it to Nintendo to discover the gold!

fistpittingnork said:
If you're a nostalgic gamer, then you'll love the Wii. Connecting to the internet (which Nintendo charges absolutely nothing for) will allow you to shop through old games from the NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, and Turbografx-16 consoles, with more consoles coming soon. All at a very fair price between $5-$10 USD each. Yes, you could just use an emulator for 360 and possibly Ps3 if it's out yet, and play the same games, which are most likely going to work, but atleast with VC they're guaranteed to work and the classic controller will emulate the old controls best.
XBL offers those too...
and wii has great multiplayer? it doesn't even have online

XBL has membership fees, wii doesn't. Yes, Wii has several multiplayer games (Wario Ware, Rayman: Raving Rabbids, Excite Truck, etc...).

You will soon have a chance to own Wii games with online capabilities.

fistpittingnork said:
XBL has membership fees, wii doesn't. Yes, Wii has several multiplayer games (Wario Ware, Rayman: Raving Rabbids, Excite Truck, etc...).

You will soon have a chance to own Wii games with online capabilities.
Better soon than never.

And the games that are going to be online are going to be some of the best this year (for all 3 consoles).

Lol, you're asking about peoples opinions of the wii, on a wii site, sliiiightly biased here. But oh well, it is a great console, people would probably say the same thing about the wii wherever you go.

Celestial said:
Lol, you're asking about peoples opinions of the wii, on a wii site, sliiiightly biased here. But oh well, it is a great console, people would probably say the same thing about the wii wherever you go.
Where else is he gonna get the best information for the Wii other than a Wii website....? Although this is a Wii site, Sony and/or M$ peeps could join in giving reasons why it's not the best console, and why they think a different one is. He's not gonna post this on some anime forum, or a Playstation forum...this is the best place he coulda asked this particular question.

Back