My Wii Injury - Low Ceiling

Boypdp

WiiChat Member
Dec 4, 2006
So I got my Wii all hooked up in my basement on the big screen yesterday, Sunday. Was playing some Wii sports and a little bit of Zelda, all was well. Today, Monday, I come home from work, spend some time with my parents and eat dinner. Afterwards I decide to show my dad how fun and interactive the sports games are and fire up tennis.

Now the ceiling in my basement is pretty low, no more than 8 feet and is tiled. This injury was %100 my fault for not paying attention to what I was doing.

Anyways, I served a nice one and my dad returned a high blooper. So thinking I gotta reach high to get the darn virtual ball I do so with a pretty quick moving swing. Right into the nice sharp metal framing that holds one of the lights. I sliced open my right index finger reaaaaaal good. I started bleeding real nicely all over myself, the carpet and my controller :(.

Needless to say, I went to the hospital where I recieved three stiches! woohoo!

Just a warning to those that might get too into the game to watch them low ceilings or any thing hanging low. Now I am down 1 wii mote and 1 finger but I still love the console :).

Pics to come soon.

I did the same thing in WiiSports bowling. I only have a 7' ceiling, and I was doing the spin control exercise. I got to the one where the bumper goes all the way across the lane (you have to throw the ball over), I swing back, hurled it forward and up and *SMACK!*

Boypdp said:
So I got my Wii all hooked up in my basement on the big screen yesterday, Sunday. Was playing some Wii sports and a little bit of Zelda, all was well. Today, Monday, I come home from work, spend some time with my parents and eat dinner. Afterwards I decide to show my dad how fun and interactive the sports games are and fire up tennis.

Now the ceiling in my basement is pretty low, no more than 8 feet and is tiled. This injury was %100 my fault for not paying attention to what I was doing.

Anyways, I served a nice one and my dad returned a high blooper. So thinking I gotta reach high to get the darn virtual ball I do so with a pretty quick moving swing. Right into the nice sharp metal framing that holds one of the lights. I sliced open my right index finger reaaaaaal good. I started bleeding real nicely all over myself, the carpet and my controller :(.

Needless to say, I went to the hospital where I recieved three stiches! woohoo!

Just a warning to those that might get too into the game to watch them low ceilings or any thing hanging low. Now I am down 1 wii mote and 1 finger but I still love the console :).

Pics to come soon.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine. He cut his wiimote pretty badly.

jshannonbuller said:
Same thing happened to a friend of mine. He cut his wiimote pretty badly.

Cut his wiimote pretty badly? Sure you aren't talking about his finger?

jshannonbuller said:
Nope, his wiimote has a decent scratch. His fingers ok.
Man I would be pissed...rather have a decent scratch on my finger lol

hehe forget about the finger, you have 9 more... wiimotes are hard to find these days so.... first lets make sure the wiimote fully works and then... lets go have some stitch hehe :lol:

wow.
so the Wii does provide real, true to life gameplay.
Wii Sports is really close to sports that you even get hurt.
think of those 3 stitches as the Tri-force. :D

i think i pulled a muscle when i first played Wii Boxing. :eek:ut: :lol:

my wife played like 16 hrs straight and next day she almost call out to work hahaha... she had pain everywhere but her hair. :lol: :lol:

Back