my wii internet STILL isnt workin!!

yobryan2001

WiiChat Member
Mar 5, 2007
California
It went down all of a sudden about a month ago and everybody said that I should just wait for a couple of days and it would work again, but It still hasnt worked. I already tried resetting the connection settings and all of that, but It still hasn't worked. And the weird thing is that the orange light is still on when the wii is off which means that it IS connected to the wii!! somebody please help!!

P.S my connection is wireless, and my house computer connects to the internet just fine

go to wii setup from the wii menu, go to internet connection, select a connection you didnt setup yet, press search for router. If it doesnt find a router, research to make sure, if still no luck, now you know why, because the router is too far away or isnt too compatible for the wii. if you find it i research anyways to give the wifi a chance to kick in, then i go try the internet channel to see if it works. This works 90% of the time for me.

Mine is like that lol the orange light is on and I can go on the news and weather channels but I cant download the internet channel or VC games..which is weird. People have told me to change the wireless routers channel from 1 to 11, maybe you could try that?

Guitarsmasher, It finds a router and fails the connection test!! Its the same distance away its always been but now all of a sudden it has stopped working!!

yobryan2001 said:
Guitarsmasher, It finds a router and fails the connection test!! Its the same distance away its always been but now all of a sudden it has stopped working!!

You havn't like added a firewall to your PC or something?

Tried turning your modem/router on and off and rebooting your PC?

Turn the Wii fully off from the power.. not just put it in stand by mode, fully disconnect te power for a few mins then boot back up and try again.

If the wii can still 'see' the connection but not connect, sometimes other wiresless connections that the Wii picks up can interefere with yours. try different wireless channels, or even reduce the power of your wireless to 50% instead of 100% power... thats what i had to do to get my dads wireless working cuz it kept picking up another wireless connection from up the street.

else try borrow a mates router and try his

Back