MY Wii IS MALFUNCTIONING !!

Mr.Selfdestruct

Wii-Tard
May 15, 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Wii Online Code
5234-2961-1879-5832
Woke up this morning, popped out Excite truck, no problems, went to slide int Tiger Woods 07, and IT PULLS THE DISK IN SLOWLY, like its fighting to pull it in.

Then when the disk finally pulls in the console, it starts this ticking noise that gets worse with the speed of the disc !!

Called Game Stop, and wouldnt you know it there out of stock. The receipt clearly states that they will exchange any console withing 7 days of purchase, i baught my Wii about 5/14/07, the guy at Game Stop said this has never happend before and that he would have to call the corporate office to see what to do.

Anyone else had this problem ? Its kinda got me worried about the Wii's integrity.

I read all the directions on how to insert disc with fingers on the edge of the disc, never in the hole, i have alot of experiance with this type disc insertion, considering its the exact same as a car CD player.

i cant be much help, but maybe something stuck inside the gap ? that would slow down the mechanism that pulls the disc in, try blowing in it ?
sorry that i cant be much help :(

almost sounds like the motor that pulls the CDs in are failing... was it a used console you bought or new?

is it only happen with tiger woods or any other games?

unplugg from the wall and give it a min and try again?

im not too sure these are the safest things i can recomend dont want ya to take it apart. but hopefully game stop can swap that for ya and get you one that works..

my kid has actually put in a PS2 game trying to play it and it was upside down and **** scared the hell outta be but everyhting seems to be playing fine...

yeah i would definatly not recommend opening or trying to fix your wii yourself, this will most likely void the warrenty, and you wont be able to get nintendo to fix it in that case :frown2:

I remember my Gamecube messed up with a dirty disc error and nintendo paid for me to ship it to them and they fixed it for free

Does it work at all? I think something might have came loose and got caught in the motor that inserts the disc. If your wii is still in waranty, send it into Nintendo. If not, it should be a painfully easy fix.

Ha, Ha. Blow in the cartridge. I used to get dizzy trying to blow in the nintendo game cartridges.

Im happy to say it was simply Hollywood video's fault. They add Barcode stickers to the top's of there DVD's and Video Games, for inventory purposes or whatever.

Apparently, the edges of the barcode sticker came unattached slightly at the edges and allowed for the sticker to sort of curl at the edge, you know like a a stick that has been peeled and reattached gets, this is what was causing the ticking noise, and it was causing the disc to come out slow.

I guess Hollywood Video and Blockbuster are gonna have to quit putting those stickers on Wii games, since the Wii console grabs the disc and pulls it in such a tight slot.

So from now on, i'm peeling those stickers off everytime i rent a game.

Me TOO

Dude i am getting the same problem with the same game...........THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME...............I have rang the shop where i got mine and they said they will replace it as soon as they get some more Wii's in
Had it since release day and only now has it started playing up.........
Out of 10 games only 4 WORK ALL THE TIME
the others are a bit hit n miss.................
TIGERS WOODS 07 was the one that started it all....................:yikes: :yikes: :yikes:

Back