My Wii is on fire.

mjm653

WiiChat Member
Dec 6, 2007
Not literally.

However recently I removed it from its vertical stand and placed it on its side on the floor so it could fit under my bed with my other consoles. It's been about a week or so and just today I noticed that my Wii is extremely hot on the underside that is resting on the carpet. Do you think this will pose an overheating issue, and/or has anyone had issues with their Wii consoles overheating?

I have thought about investing in Nyko's add-on cooling fan system. It's relatively inexpensive, but I haven't heard anything about it. Anyone have it? And would it be a good buy?

Thanks in advance.

mjm653 said:
Not literally.

However recently I removed it from its vertical stand and placed it on its side on the floor so it could fit under my bed with my other consoles. It's been about a week or so and just today I noticed that my Wii is extremely hot on the underside that is resting on the carpet. Do you think this will pose an overheating issue, and/or has anyone had issues with their Wii consoles overheating?

I have thought about investing in Nyko's add-on cooling fan system. It's relatively inexpensive, but I haven't heard anything about it. Anyone have it? And would it be a good buy?

Thanks in advance.

I own one and i must say its a must for all Wii owners. It keeps your system cool no matter what. You should get it, or you might be one of the unlucky ones who migth have to send it back to nintendo and wait for it to return fixed.

As was noted, having a console on carpet is a bad idea as far as keeping it cool goes. Also, is your console able to get enough circulation under your bed?

the carpet is being used as an insulator, so if u don't want ur wii to really catch on fire, i suggest u move it somewhere else.

~X

I appreciate the help guys.

If I used the third party cooling fan do you think it would be alright to leave it on the carpet? It's in such a perfect place! I don't want to move it. - But better safe than sorry I suppose.

If you really must keep it on carpet, then place a board of wood (cut to size) on the floor then put the Wii on the wood. Buying a after market cooling device will help with airflow as it would get very little down there.

The whole point of the stand thingy is it's utility,if you put it on the floor and becomes really hot,its most probably because of three things:
#1-Your blocking the fan
#2-Your playing too much.
#3-You have a monster under your bed that sits on it and watches you play then dissapears as soon as it sees you.

#3-You have a monster under your bed that sits on it and watches you play then dissapears as soon as it sees you.[/QUOTE]

Thats a nice one!
:yikes: :lol:
Then ure wii will really be on :mad5: :mad5:

But the nyko one is ver good
[/COLOR]

Hhm. I never really found a need to buy a cooler for the Wii.
Although, mine does seem to get hot when I leave the internet on stand-by.
The only thing I ever know to do is turn the internet off when i'm done playing.
But a fan does seem like a good idea if you don't want to go through the trouble I do.

hiMe said:
The whole point of the stand thingy is it's utility,if you put it on the floor and becomes really hot,its most probably because of three things:
#1-Your blocking the fan
#2-Your playing too much.
#3-You have a monster under your bed that sits on it and watches you play then dissapears as soon as it sees you.

Well, the fan is on the back of the console, so it isn't being blocked. And the Wii console itself is always on when it is plugged in, so it's constantly hot - Especially since I'm running WiiConnect24.

Darn, I really just wanna keep my consoles under my futon bed!! They are in like the perfect spot in my room. Xbox and Wii right underneath me! If I wanna change discs all I do is lean over and switch them out! It's so perfect. Urghhh. How frustrating.

The fans are a waste of time, I got given one and i don't even use it. I actually think it causes more heat because it takes power from the Wii's USB ports.

Here, why don't you put it standing right infront of your bed next to your night table or something, or if you own a night table put it underneath that so you still only have to lean over, if you really must keep it underneath your bed, try putting it ontop of one of the other consoles so that it doesn't get as hot as on the carpet, then buy one of the cooling fans and put it on but try to make it stay on sideways.

Back