My Wii is taunting me

Palms

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2006
I've been having alot of trouble connecting to the internet, with the wii rarely passing the connection test. A couple of times its connected and downloaded updates and I went to a friends house to see if it worked there and it worked perfectly. Whilst i was there i did the agreement required for Wiiconnect24. Now, at my house, despite the internet not working with the Wii, when the Wii is turned off the light thing is orange and the blue light has twice been pulsing. I don't know how it can connect because my router seems to not like the Wii, but somehow it's decided that updates are being downloaded because the blue light is on. I think its taunting me...:(

The main thing. is there a clear path between your wii and the router (i do know that the signal can go through some walls) but some walls are made from stone which the signal will struggle to connect through.
The next bit id imagine you have already done but il say it anyway. Make sure that your router is accepting the Wii to connect.

I've kinda given up on trying to make my Wii connect. I've tried everything, changing router channels, moving the wii (despite the fact that the connection is excellent for my laptop in the same place) fiddling with mac settings etc. I've had a friend who works on computers for a living and he said that the router is the problem and the solution is to "buy a new one".

I've just accepted that my wii wont connect, but what is curious is that it pulses blue like its updating.

Not sure if it affects the Wii but i remember when i tried connecting my DS to the internet (before i got the USB adaptor from nintendo) there was some list i found which contained the brands of routers that work and dont work with DS

Back