My Wii remote wont reacxt to any actions when I play games!!

ltruckle

WiiChat Member
Mar 3, 2008
Hi, I really need your help!
My Wii remotes wont react to any motion, so I cant play any of my games.
For example I have the Wii Sports games, I can point the remote at the screen and select the options I want but when it comes to swinging the bat, club or even arms when boxing there is no movement at all.
The nunchuck works when boxing but the other arm wont move an inch.
I have tried different remotes and the same happens and I have also tried tapping it on its side as I have read that there is something inside the remotes that may get stuck, but to no avail!!
Please help me!!
Thankyou

If your remote is not sensing movement of your arm swings then the motion sensors (called accelerometers) inside the Remote are stuck. This is a rare condition, I've only had to do this on one remote and the following is the solution if you were to call Nintendo Tech Support:
  • it's hard to believe :)
    • lie the remote in your palm flat-side down
    • take your other hand and whack it real hard several times
    • avoid hitting the battery door and trigger button
    • if it's not fixed, try again... you'll get it.
From frankwhite:

Thank You. I ended up having to call Nintendo which tells me its a known issue... then tells me to hold remote upside down in right hand place left hand 4 inches above the remote and give her a good whack. ((( I actually started to laugh and ask if he was serious)))
anyhow it worked after the 7th whack.

So you were right thanks for the help.
Yep I have my Wii remote working now....

OMG it actually worked!!!
Thankyou for your quick reply, I couldnt have hit it hard enough before.
Hitting a gaming console/remote would usual void any warranty, so I was dubious to try it !!!
Thankyou

idjut said:
If your remote is not sensing movement of your arm swings then the motion sensors (called accelerometers) inside the Remote are stuck. This is a rare condition, I've only had to do this on one remote and the following is the solution if you were to call Nintendo Tech Support:
  • it's hard to believe :)
    • lie the remote in your palm flat-side down
    • take your other hand and whack it real hard several times
    • avoid hitting the battery door and trigger button
    • if it's not fixed, try again... you'll get it.
From frankwhite:

Thank You. I ended up having to call Nintendo which tells me its a known issue... then tells me to hold remote upside down in right hand place left hand 4 inches above the remote and give her a good whack. ((( I actually started to laugh and ask if he was serious)))
anyhow it worked after the 7th whack.

So you were right thanks for the help.
Yep I have my Wii remote working now....

this method worked for me it will surely work for you
even nintendo agrees with this method
to idjut: =D its funny that like whenever someone on wiichat has a problem with there wiimote, you always type the same thing =D (thats a good thing.....cause you are helping many people right after they post =p)

Back