My Wii WOnt TURN OFF HELP PLEASE

Aerodude618

WiiChat Member
Dec 17, 2006
America
Wii Online Code
6352-9702-8007-0909
Ok i can turn on the console with the controller and by pressing the button. The problem comes with turning it off. WHen I hold the button on the controller the controller goes off not the system like it used to do. That means I have to go up to the system and hit the power button. I press it and even hold it but the wii wont turn off. i had to un plug it. This is the second occurnce.

Sounds more of a hardware problem. If it gets worse, or permanent replace it. Although be sure it indeed is faulty incase the shops finds it normal

Deathmetalmaster said:
dude, just pull the plug and turn it back on. It has happened to me a couple of times, but I dont think it is anyhting serious. :D

I understand
but if I pay 250 for something I want to makesure it works correctly

NecroDemonNZXT said:
Sounds more of a hardware problem. If it gets worse, or permanent replace it. Although be sure it indeed is faulty incase the shops finds it normal

ok i wii probly give them a call next week afta mid-terms

Aerodude618 said:
I understand
but if I pay 250 for something I want to makesure it works correctly
...if it doesn't, call Nintendo. That's why they have a support number.

Maybe it was because you use dry erase markers on it? lol j/k that was pretty cool. But anyway. this happened to me once before. The remote only puts it in stand-by mode. not off.

Aerodude618 said:
Ok i can turn on the console with the controller and by pressing the button. The problem comes with turning it off. WHen I hold the button on the controller the controller goes off not the system like it used to do. That means I have to go up to the system and hit the power button. I press it and even hold it but the wii wont turn off. i had to un plug it. This is the second occurnce.

Try this, open up the lid to where the SD card goes and you should see a red connect button. Hit that button then go to your Wiimote and open up the battery hatch and there should also be a red connect button next to where you place the batteries. Once you hit both connect buttons wait about 30 seconds and the controller should be in sync with the console. Make sure you do this with every Wiimote you own and you shouldn't have to always connect the controllers before the game and all of the controllers will be able to power on/off the console.

It might take a min but it should work. Let me know if this works out for you!
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back