My Wiii won't Update?

mine was messed up for a while, but it just all of a sudden decides to kick in once my interest for the wii spikes up again lol

What I have is a Satelette Internet Connection and it does Go fast and everytime I try this update its always at its Peak performance which is just as fast as cable. IM also using the USB adaptor for my PC.

wikkiddavi said:
What I have is a Satelette Internet Connection and it does Go fast and everytime I try this update its always at its Peak performance which is just as fast as cable. IM also using the USB adaptor for my PC.
id say just give it another try tomorrow

kronau said:
id say just give it another try tomorrow

Yea im thinking it will go through eventually but if it don't Im out of wii shop and any other special Wii channel and the Wii shop is the whole reason i even go my Wii online.

for those that cant get the update, try holding down the power button till it shuts off and for like 4-5 seconds afterwards. then try to update it.

dedpoet777 said:
for those that cant get the update, try holding down the power button till it shuts off and for like 4-5 seconds afterwards. then try to update it.

Do you mean it says if u don't want to perform this update turn of ur Wii now or after I see it won't update turn it and then try?

wikkiddavi said:
Do you mean it says if u don't want to perform this update turn of ur Wii now or after I see it won't update turn it and then try?
just whenevr the wii is turned on, try turning it off that way and holding the button after it goes off for about 5 seconds. i read somewhere that this will sometimes fix updating problems. not sure if it works though.

i know if you hold the reset button down for 15 seconds, that it will restore the wii back to factory settings. im not sure if this deletes game info or not, but i would assume so. if you want, before you try it, back everything up to an sd card.

i have not done either of these things though, so try at your own risk.

dedpoet777 said:
just whenevr the wii is turned on, try turning it off that way and holding the button after it goes off for about 5 seconds. i read somewhere that this will sometimes fix updating problems. not sure if it works though.

i know if you hold the reset button down for 15 seconds, that it will restore the wii back to factory settings. im not sure if this deletes game info or not, but i would assume so. if you want, before you try it, back everything up to an sd card.

Thanks ill try the 5 second thing in the morning.:cornut:

wikkiddavi said:
Thanks ill try the 5 second thing in the morning.:cornut:

Hey wikkiddavi - did the 5 second thing ever work? I got my family a Wii for christmas, and after a few back and forth adjustments have the wi-fi connection working through my router and am able to download the weather and news channels with no problem but for the last 3 days when I try the system update, it will just hang for about two minutes with like 1% updated and then gives the 32004 error saying that it's the wifi connection. I cant' beleive it really is since the router is still working and the kids DS's still work fine.

Tonight for the first time it appeared that it was maybe 20% updated and then gave the same error and stopped but the news channel was still fine.

-rocktaxi

I am having the same problem. My Wii made it to about 20% the first time and the last 4 or five times have been at 1%. I was think of buying a network cable adapter for my Wii to see if it would work, but I think it may
be a bad idea. You would think if you can check the weather and news it
would update. The problem may be that Nintendo server can not keep up
with all the Wii sold that are needing updated. If you find out anything that
would help please let me know.

I tried both and neither worked
:disappointed:

Back