My Wiimote has a unique problem

Gandhi7

WiiChat Member
Jul 30, 2007
I just bought my Wii and got it home and everything seemed to be working fine. However when I play Wii sports the game doesnt pick up me swinging the remote. Also, When i play Zelda the +, home, and - buttons don't work. Anyone know why it would be a weird problem like this?

do you have a silicon case on your wiimote? if so that could be why the + and - buttons dont work. i mean they will work but you have to press them a bit better than as you would without one.

also where do you have your sensor bar positioned? below the tv? above? and with that answer, did you go into your wii settings and make sure you adjusted the sensor bar? what about the sensitivity of it? did you mess around with that?

if none of these seem to be your problem, do the obvious which is check the battery meter on the home key menu.

and again if the batteries are normal and you did all these simple troubleshooting techniques, then i suggest going back to where you got the wii from and tell them you got a "lemon" remote. they should supply you with a new one. if not then contact nintendo

Yeah i did those few troubleshooting ideas, and thanks for the response. I might just go get a replacement for this remote, although im not sure why it works on the menu but then not in the game, but hopefully a new controller will work

Gandhi7 said:
Yeah i did those few troubleshooting ideas, and thanks for the response. I might just go get a replacement for this remote, although im not sure why it works on the menu but then not in the game, but hopefully a new controller will work

hey no problem

do you have any other controlers besides the one that came with your wii? if so do they work? i think you just got a defective one. contact nintendo so its no money out of your pocket. they can look at it and repair it if necessary. just make sure you have your warenty all set up and registered!

once nintendo repairs it or not, they can send you a new one or your newly fixed old one.

either way you wont be left without a wiimote to enjoy your new console with

this happened to me the first day i got my wii, but after a few hours it worked again. that prolly won't help, but whatever. you can also try taking out the game disc and resetting your wii. i remember something like that working as well.

haha yeah i got through all the normal stuff like resyncing, restarting wii, all that kind of stuff...ill probably just return the controller and see if that helps
, but thanks again for the help

The reason first my wii couldnt read my controls is because i was swinging waaay too hard for it. Maybe you need to tone it down a bit but that doesnt seem to be your case.

Both my wiimotes stopped working about half an hour ago. I was on the Mii channel and they just switched off and wouldn't detect my Wii again. The batteries were at full power so I just switched the Wii off and unplugged it at the wall. After that they worked perfectly again. So, my advice would be to unplug your Wii and leave it for 10 mins or so.

Nicko said:
Both my wiimotes stopped working about half an hour ago. I was on the Mii channel and they just switched off and wouldn't detect my Wii again. The batteries were at full power so I just switched the Wii off and unplugged it at the wall. After that they worked perfectly again. So, my advice would be to unplug your Wii and leave it for 10 mins or so.

I had the same problem and I did the same thing to fix it.

My best advice would be to resynchronize your Remote and/or change the batteries.

I currently have the same issue with Zelda and the +- and home keys not working. They work fine on the Wii menu. I have 2 remotes and they are both doing the same thing. Help!

Back