MySims commited super stupid suicide.

Sovieto

Banned
Aug 6, 2006
Why the HELL is this game so dumbed down? Is their target audience 8 year olds?? I was reading and looking into it today and wow is it limited. They claim the way you create things and what not intuitive (a word that doesn't mean much anymore anyways) but all it is is a kid's game. Obviously EA forgot The Sims was basically THE casual game. It was THE game people who weren't gamers, saw, and went: Oh wow! and played for hours on end. But this is their way of grabbing the casual market? More like kid market... Anyways, I'm sure most of you guys would rather play the Sims you all know and love instead of having a dumbed down version where you restore a town and build with LEGOs. I suggest to everyone (unless you are around the grand age of 8 or under) to not purchase this game as a slap in the face to EA and their stupidity.

:)

As far as I know, MySims and The Sims have a world of difference. So it's sort of wrong to compare the two, when it comes to audiences. It seems like the stuff you get in MySims is more childish then the stuff you get in The Sims. Example? MySims: Normal Household items, Chairs, Tables, Appliances. The Sims: Heart shaped bed that has a "Vibrate" option, Hot tub for multiple people, Bars, Pools, and that Mechanical Bull. See what I mean?
MySims is directed at a younger audience then The Sims, but that doesn't mean you and I can't enjoy it either.

But as far as "dumbed down" goes, I think you made a mistake. You're assuming MySims and The Sims started out alike, but then MySims got more chilidish. Which is, in a way, true, but early screenshots/videos never really depicted this. So in actuality it was "kiddy" to begin with, but you nor I never noticed it.

So you assumed it was like The Sims. But with new photo/video evidence popping up, you realised it was much different. So you called it "dumbing down" when all it really did was stay the same.

Umm Jimmer, sorry but I'm gonna have to go with Sovieto on this one, the game really looks dissapointing and it SHOULD be like the Sim games we all know and love...so much...lol

Marioman said:
Umm Jimmer, sorry but I'm gonna have to go with Sovieto on this one, the game really looks dissapointing and it SHOULD be like the Sim games we all know and love...so much...lol

This game is and, obviously, always was geared for kids, it was never dumbed down, so you can't turn around and say, "oh yea it shud be like sims you nubs" when you realize it's geared for younger audiences.

Similar thing happened to me, I looked at Jaws Unleashed for the PS2, and I thought it woulda been a blast. But after I saw videos and read articles about gameplay??....All I could say was this::sad:

So, unfortunately It's a disappointment, but the original post stated that this was a dumbing down, which it really wasn't at all.

Are you kidding??? The game was never for younger kids....IT HAD A T RATING FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. There was partial nudity (not really anything shown but the idea...) and you could kill the people if you wanted...tell me that is a game for 8 yr olds....get your facts straight

i gotta agree with sovieto and marioman. this game looks laaame

they could create a version without all the things they think would make it a T version, dosent mean they had to do this.

Honestly, I don't mind that it's a kids game. It still looks fun, and let's face it: with all the expansions, user content and everything else that Sims 2 has right now, a barebones rehashing on the Wii wouldn't cut it.

I'll reserve judgement of MySims until I play it... but I will admit that collecting "essences" is probably going to be nothing but a source of frustration.

It's not like they're completly abandoning "The Sims" on the Wii you know...
The Sims 2: Castaway is coming to it.
"MySims" is just a spinoff sort of thing.

Jimmer did state and I quote...

This game is and, obviously, always was geared for kids, it was never dumbed down, so you can't turn around and say, "oh yea it shud be like sims you nubs" when you realize it's geared for younger audiences.

that's what made me angry cause obviously he's never played the sims before

I don't know, I wouldn't say it sucks just yet. A toned down version might just be what the franchise needs. I'm not saying it's going to be awesome, becuase I have never EVER liked the Sims lol.

I'm actually interested in the Sims game where your on a deserted island.

I liked the Sims 2 but I'm starting to get a little tired of the format, expansions do provide a novelty but IMO they're getting a little old. My Sims may be a fresher experience, I'll have to give it a rent and see. I totally agree with Tairusu on this one:

Tairusu said:
Honestly, I don't mind that it's a kids game. It still looks fun, and let's face it: with all the expansions, user content and everything else that Sims 2 has right now, a barebones rehashing on the Wii wouldn't cut it.

I'll reserve judgement of MySims until I play it...

Back