Myspace gets Dissed.

I am with you Wiiwouldliketoplay, you need to be older, but alot of people are just urged to be there, specially 13 and 12 year olds and put their ages as 15, why?!?! do they wanna get....you know...oh and Flower, it has nothing to do with having or not having friends, your friends can persuade you to do everything they want to, but that doesn't mean you have to log into a page just to know who your friends are, ok? better listen to that idea, or you'll end up badly in life.

The way I said it came off wrong I think. I was thinking personally and not globally. I meant don't you have friends who you don't see all the time and don't have any other way of contacting them. :lol: Peer pressure definitely will never affect me no worries.

So you are saying that you have to be older to appreciate MySpace? If you wanted to keep in touch with friends you knew from high school I would have imagined that you would be able to contact them in any other way.

MySpace was never designed to keep in touch with friends and be able to watch them grow older, no, there was a reason that you were only allowed to upload 12 pictures, hardly a judgment to see how people have changed through a lifestyle. If anything, the photograph thing is misleading, it's just a view of someone twisted, they're altered in Photoshop and now they have nice colours spread across the page.

If you would want to keep in touch, however, I would have also thought that people would have their screen names as their actual names, I can't browse through the students at my school and match the photograph to their face, I'd at least want to see their names, because obviously they've changed drastically through the years.

Anyway, what do you think Friends Reunited is for?

I know, this twisted future is just too much and I won't be a part of you myspace people who think is the best thing in the world, new generations don't know how to value life because of this stupud new technologies, and it sad and it's a complete shame.

{Axtlár} said:
I know, this twisted future is just too much and I won't be a part of you myspace people who think is the best thing in the world, new generations don't know how to value life because of this stupud new technologies, and it sad and it's a complete shame.

It is not that the younger generation are twisted, it is just that they are influenced by their peers too much, and their parents give in to what they want, always.

I like that technology is getting better, but it is only just the beginning of an era, it makes the world better, and gives new job opportunities. I just hate that kids today abuse their english skills and think that life is a complete popularity contest.

We MySpacers don't think that MySpace is the "best thing in the world". But come on, it's just a website, why all the flaming? It's like WiiChat, but way, way, way bigger. I enjoy making my MySpace and looking at my friend's - or even just other people at school's - MySpaces. I don't have the attitude of "i look good, and every single person in the world is worse than me", I just like having a MySpace account! It's a good way to keep in contact with people from school when outside of school. People that, if not for MySpace, I wouldn't be in contact with.

MySpace is a "place for friends" and I really don't see what you have against people enjoying themselves on MySpace. Sure, you may not like it; and sure, you may not have an account; but that is no reason to go around saying "anybody who uses myspace is a low-life".

Myspace is so great though.

Showing pictures of your emo haircut, talking about your **** band, thinking your cool how you have 1,000 friends and have only seen 20 of them, bots advertising about how omg it really works my penis is huge and hey look i got an iphone you can too. WOOT.

A phone and AIM is all I need.
When people ask for my myspace name I can proudly say I don't have one now f off.:wink:
____

Regarding the video it was alright. Some of the lyrics were pretty weird:scared:

AndThen? said:
We MySpacers don't think that MySpace is the "best thing in the world". But come on, it's just a website, why all the flaming? It's like WiiChat, but way, way, way bigger. I enjoy making my MySpace and looking at my friend's - or even just other people at school's - MySpaces. I don't have the attitude of "i look good, and every single person in the world is worse than me", I just like having a MySpace account! It's a good way to keep in contact with people from school when outside of school. People that, if not for MySpace, I wouldn't be in contact with.

MySpace is a "place for friends" and I really don't see what you have against people enjoying themselves on MySpace. Sure, you may not like it; and sure, you may not have an account; but that is no reason to go around saying "anybody who uses myspace is a low-life".

Just a website, eh, heh, you're one of those people who take the internet lightly and think that it doesn't influence us, aren't you? WiiChat is a forum, it's for conversing, your littlre profile page doesn't match up to MySpace. It's a popularity contest to have the best profile on MySpace.

Haven't you heard of MSN?

I have never enjoyed anything on MySpace, there's too much advertising for me to make my way past, and there's immature 12 year olds logging on for an ccount. There's thousands of photos of the same image from a different angle, I really don't care if you have a new emo haircut. Have you seen what MySpace has done to people? It's established its own internet language, and I bet j00 use it. It's pathetic.

They've managed to destroy our language to the core and even add little unnecessary hearts to the equation. I don't know about you, but my definition of bulletin means I have to care about it, ever night or so there's about 20 people saying "going 2 bed now xxx <3 xxx" when no one should ever care. They're abusing the system, a bulletin is something you want to tell everyone, like "Hey, I'm an aunty!" but no, you'd rather inform me that you just bought a new bag to match your socks, fine.

I prefer Facebook over MySpace for several reasons:

1) All of my friends use Facebook while only a few have Myspace accounts.
2) There is less advertising on Facebook.
3) I love the fast loading and great layout of Facebook compared to the horrible layout and mess that some people have their profiles in.
4) The applications platform on Facebook is awesome.

One would have to agree though myspace is great for bands, either getting their start or letting fans know whats happening.

Back