N64 vs PS1!

JerrodDRagon

Wii New and Reviews
Nov 28, 2006
TO
Wii Online Code
8369-4137-0402-8056
So we all know the N64 is a hard system to judge because it didnt have as many Classic games as the Super Nintendo but it still had alot of games that still today are as fun as new Titles.

First we have Mario 64 and Zelda OOT possibly the best tittles for there series. Mario 64 had 125 stars to find, boss fights, and secret area's not to include this was a giant step in 3D gaming. Mario could do alot in this game from Race a Penguin, to flying to Fighting a Giant fire Breathing Turtle. This game today is even fun because it is so different than other games.

Then we have Zelda Ocarina of Time, this game rocks. It has a simple story, save Hyrule. But the games not as simple as the story it has fun puzzles, cool weapons, Assume Boss fights and characters you'll always remember. This game was so good z Zelda game has yet to really top how good this game was.

We also have some other Single player games which as still fun to play such as DK 64, Star Fox, Paper Mario, Banjo-Kazoo, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Conkers Bad Fur Day and Perfect Dark.

We also have the multiplayer games which some of us may still be playing now.
007 May be one of the most popular gun games for a console system ever. The game had a great single player mode, but what other games have the golden gun? This game had great items, nice locations and even lets you put cheats on to have more fun (like unlimited amino)

Next we have Mario Kart 64, Ok this may be my most played game EVER. I still play this with friends on the weekends (in fact we played it on my Wii for over 2 hours today) The game is simple but fun. The items are classic, the levels are all different and the characters we know and love. Plus you could even play the courses backwards (not many racers yet you do that)

The last game I will go into is Super Smash Bros.. This game is stil fun even if Melee is better. The first game in the series is still a great fighter. I has courses that I wish would have made it into its sequel (mostly the Pokemon Course). The game was fun for you to play with your friends or play against the CP's. Plus like most N64 games it was simple which makes it were you don't have to be the best VG player to play the game and still have fun.

Thats not even half of what I could say about the N64 becuase we also had games like Banjo-Tooie, WWF series, Rush 2, Mario Party 1-3, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Resident Evil 2, Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Stadium, Jet Force Gemini, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire and lets not forget Diddy Kong Racing.

So yes the PS1 has the Final fantasy Series but the N64 has games that most of us grew up with and some of us still play today. While the PS1 is dead and not many people of back to play there games (not calling it a bad system just saying most gamers have moved on from those single player games and are playing new games on the Wii or 360.)

So thats why I think the N64 is better than the PS1, what do you think?

PS1 has FF7, 8, and 9. Xenogears, Chrono Cross and Vagrant Story. Well, all thanks to squaresoft. I think both systems have great gmaes that revolutionized gaming, but I think PSX > N64.

i think that N64 beats PS1 because it has so many more famous games than the PS. all of the ones that JerroDRagon named in his first post were classic, and even my friends that aren't into games, or have only been recently know about them. the PS is still a good console but the N64 was great. not as many games though.

In terms of enjoyment, I personally prefer N64. However, I do like Final Fantasy VII and VIII. I do play the N64 even now, whereas I do not play PSX games anymore (possibly might play a Final Fantasy once in a while...).

In sale terms though, the PSX unfortunately beat the N64. Kinda says something when a less powerful machine can outsell a more powerful one...

Both are good but sony sold out
N64 was killed off becuase of price of games (£60 south park woooot)

this maybe a bit off topic, but Mario64 had only 120 stars not 125

I think as Nintendo fanboys now we're all biased in a way, but I'm really not too sure which is the better one. They're both great consoles!

N64 had Starfox, OoT, Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros, Paper Mario, and Mario 64.

Ps1 had FF7-9, Parappa The Rapper, Twisted Metal, Chrono Cross, Klonoa, Spyro, and Metal Gear Solid.

BTW I'm almost certain the Ps1 had Rayman 2 and maybe some of the other games you listed, so you can't count that as n64.

Last edited:
well, since nintendo technically made both........

idk, id say that the ps1 really was a poor system in comparison to the ps2, while N64 probably would've been a great competitor with all of its classic titles.

FWELR said:
well, since nintendo technically made both........

idk, id say that the ps1 really was a poor system in comparison to the ps2, while N64 probably would've been a great competitor with all of its classic titles.

Nintendo made the Ps1???

En4Neo said:
Nintendo made the Ps1???

yes, they and sony collaborated on a disc-console to take on Sega. however, nintendo decided to join with Philips mid-way through, thinking sony would leave the console wars. however, sony took the lessons they learned from nintendo and built not only the ps1, but used the ideas, combined with enhanced power to create the ps2. didn't you know this?

FWELR said:
yes, they and sony collaborated on a disc-console to take on Sega. however, nintendo decided to join with Philips mid-way through, thinking sony would leave the console wars. however, sony took the lessons they learned from nintendo and built not only the ps1, but used the ideas, combined with enhanced power to create the ps2. didn't you know this?

Well I know Nintendo and Sony were going to make a console, but I don't think it was all Nintendo if that's what you're saying.

hahaha the first system i ever got was PS1, never really got into it, would play occasionally never fully enjoyed. went over to a friends house played N64fell in love with it, that christmas got one for myself :) i loved N64 soooo much, it had the best games ever.

I think for once someone other than Nintendo dominated Japan PS1 got Squareenix which they would have died without. N64 lost a lot of SNES and NES sequels to PS1. It's a tough choice but in the end I would say PS1, but N64 like all Nintendo systems rocked because of the first party titles

I thought the N64 rocked...it was the first console I ever got for myselt and I still play it! So many good memories....*sigh*

Back