Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Na 5/1/09

Discussion in 'Virtual Console, WiiWare and DSIWare' started by castlezelda, May 4, 2009.

1. castlezelda

castlezelda WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0000-0000-0000-0000
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Today for wiware and VC we have WiiWare

Penguins & Friends - Hey! That's My Fish! (Gammick Entertainment, 1-4 players, Rated E for Everyone, 800 Wii Points™): The penguins are hungry and need your help. Catch all the fish you can before someone steals them from you. Strategy is fundamental in this exciting game. Keep moving ahead of the other penguins so you don't get trapped, and try to get to the ice floes that hold more fish. One to four players can play Penguins & Friends at the same time, provided they can handle the polar cold. The board is made up of ice blocks with a set number of fish under them. The ice blocks are hexagonal and form a structure like a beehive. The starting position of the ice blocks can change, creating different game boards.

Virtual Console

Tower Toppler™ (Commodore 64, 1 player, Rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): Weird things are happening on Planet Nebulus. Someone or something has begun building huge towers on the sea floor without a construction license. Your mission is to ascend each of the eight cylindrical towers, passing various obstacles along the way, and to trigger the tower's destruction mechanism to demolish the evil threat. Praised upon its original 1987 release for its graphical innovation, this is considered to be the most outstanding game from Hewson. Don't miss out on this classic favorite.

Here's the link http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2009/05/nintendo_download_clocks_calculators_penguins_and_towers_us

2. Bodine

Bodine Sonic expert

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Crap & crap :lol:

3. Conan the Librarian

You know, actually, Tower Toppler looks pretty good for 1987.

hmmmmm.......me thinks I will grant it an emulation try out.

LOL @ the animal calculator. Now THAT is a waste of money. It doesnt even have a square root function.

#3 Conan the Librarian, May 6, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2009
  4. raisinghelen

raisinghelen WiiChat Member

Tower Toppler aka Nebulus was a great game in 1987. The rotating tower effect was quite amazing back then and the game scored highly in reviews. It is quite difficult though giving no room for error, if you die then you have to restart the whole level.

5. Conan the Librarian

I thought the crunchy C64 tunes rocked in the demo, but I think they just play it over the video clip, because the music is not included in Castelian (NES version). I want the BGM from the demo darn it.

6. Adamquest64

Adamquest64 WiiChat Member

this is a good summary.