NBA 2k10

FloYdian

Nov 4, 2007
CA
anyone getting this? i plan to.

supposed to have all options of 360 version plus online.

graphics look like crap compared to 360 and ps3. too bad because thats a main selling point of the game.

anyone have more details? can we use classic controller?

why no special Locker edition for wii? :frown5:

I have the same questions as well. I've been waiting and looking everywhere online for a good review of 2K10 for the Wii. So if the graphics aren't that good, are they better on Live 10 for the Wii? Thanks

[video=youtube;Ue9gBP9e2FM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9gBP9e2FM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue9gBP9e2FM[/video]

these graphics look horrible, combined snes graphics and n64 graphics i think.

Well, I think we need to support 2K. Becose they try to improve their sports games on the Wii. Take for example NHL-2K10, this game has all the modes and features of the xbox360/ps3 versions plus another extras, the downside is the graphics. If they improve the graphics and make them as close the xbox360/ps3 the next year, this game will be the definitive version far better than the xbox360/ps3 versions. The same would happen with NBA2k11 the next year. All I trying to say is: "They need our support to improve their games and make them better than the xbox360/ps3 versions"...
(of course they need a huge improvement in the graphics to compete in equal terms along the HD consoles, the Wii is perfectly capable to do that with enough effort).

i just bought this from amazon. should get here soon..

GOD i wanted the ps3 or xbox one but i am not buying a console for 1 or 2 games. i should have got the ps3 as a blu-ray player instead of my panasonic :(

anyway... here is a video of the released version and looks a much better than the other video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai-x9KBB-aw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai-x9KBB-aw[/ame]

Last edited:
i just bought this from amazon. should get here soon..

GOD i wanted the ps3 or xbox one but i am not buying a console for 1 or 2 games. i should have got the ps3 as a blu-ray player instead of my panasonic :(

anyway... here is a video of the released version and looks a much better than the other video.

I've had this since it was released, and I am really enjoying it. It has all the features of the XBOX/PS3 versions, including NBA Today, roster updates, etecteta. The cut scene graphics aren't up to the level of those consoles (no surprise), but the actual gameplay is smooth without hiccups or framerate slowdown, and there a myriad of camera angles/options. You can use the Classic Controller, but I'm using Motion Controls. There is a learning curve to these, but the game has a number of Practice Modes with on-screen help. I'm still working on improving my defense and tweaking sliders!

I was looking at the graphics today at bestbuy though it does support wiispeak the graphics on other hand is crappy.

i got a couple questions for anyone with it.

first.. can you use gasol on the lakers? i used him online but offline he isnt on the roster?

also when you play online do you have the option of choosing 1 postion to stick with? like if i want to be the center the whole game?

btw... i had fun with the game so far.. graphics are borderline is suppose.

i got a couple questions for anyone with it.

first.. can you use gasol on the lakers? i used him online but offline he isnt on the roster?

also when you play online do you have the option of choosing 1 postion to stick with? like if i want to be the center the whole game?

btw... i had fun with the game so far.. graphics are borderline is suppose.

Gasol should become available with the latest roster update from 2K. I haven't played online yet, but you should be able to select a Preferred Position (like offline) from the Controller Options menu. Offline, to set Preferred Position (or to turn it off) Pause Game, go to Options, My Controller, Controller Settings, and Preferred Position is the top option.

hey!

yea i got gasol with yesterdays update. online you have to choose non for position preference.. its ok im learning that way :)

Manual Playcalling?

After playing some games in Association mode and My Player mode, I wanted to change to manual playcalling for a few games. I find the option to change playcalling to Manual, and the Playbook menu option to set plays to Wii buttons (A, B, Z, C) for both offense and defense. However, I am unsure how to actually call these plays manually during a game. Is there some combination of buttons I should be pressing (i.e. 1+A, 1+Z, etc.) to choose a play mapped to one of those buttons, or am I missing something?

Thanks for any assistance!

After playing some games in Association mode and My Player mode, I wanted to change to manual playcalling for a few games. I find the option to change playcalling to Manual, and the Playbook menu option to set plays to Wii buttons (A, B, Z, C) for both offense and defense. However, I am unsure how to actually call these plays manually during a game. Is there some combination of buttons I should be pressing (i.e. 1+A, 1+Z, etc.) to choose a play mapped to one of those buttons, or am I missing something?

Thanks for any assistance!

***Hey, I figured it out, if anyone is interested. When you are in game, you have to press 2 multiple times to cycle through the popup coaching/playcalling option screens, then you can choose plays/positions using the other buttons. I was just pressing it once.

Back