Nba, Smg, Mp3

shikes

Legendary
Nov 5, 2007
Australia
Wii Online Code
2826-3679-3570-3759
Im wondering if NBA Live 08, Super Mario Galaxy and Metriod Prime 3 is worth buying?

I havnt seen any talk about NBA Live 08 around here, so is it any good? Im a huge basketball fan and i enjoy the games, so what can you guys tell me about this?

I know Super Mario Gaxaly is very highly rated, but is it really what its said to be? Like is it possibly the best game out on the Wii at the moment?

And Metriod Prime 3, this game interests me but is it worth buying? Is it a fun game? Give me details at what this game is about.

And if there are anyother good games out there, share them with us.

Hey dude good to see another aussie here,

I pre-ordered SMG after I watched the IGN review and just from watching that I'd say definately get it, it reminds me of Super Mario 64 but much better, especially with the remote and nunchuk. Watch the IGN video review of Metroid Prime and I think after seeing how the game works with the remote and nunchuk you will definately want to get it. It rates pretty highly too.

I too am waiting to find out more opinions about NBA 2008

Ok thats for that information mate. Could you give me a link to those reviews if you dont mind.

Dunno about NBA'08 or MP3...

But SMG is stupidly easy. Looks like it's easily the best visual game for the Wii atm, but unfortunately.. nothing like it's older games. It's good and it's worth buying if you're a big fan of Mario and like to collection all his games, but £30-£40 (or w/e it is in $) I think is quite over priced for it, atm.

Although, that could just be me, but I've seen some other threads on these forums about how easy it is and not much of a challenge.

Last edited:
emtee23 said:
Dunno about NBA'08 or MP3...

But SMG is stupidly easy. Looks like it's easily the best visual game for the Wii atm, but unfortunately.. nothing like it's older games. It's good and it's worth buying if you're a big fan of Mario and like to collection all his games, but £30-£40 (or w/e it is in $) I think is quite over priced for it, atm.

Although, that could just be me, but I've seen some other threads on these forums about how easy it is and not much of a challenge.
the first 60 stars are supposedly super easy but ive had trouble with some. the next 60 get pretty hard from what i hear. (you beat the game at 60 then you can go back to unlock some cool stuff;))

EDIT: i wish theyd come out with nhl 08 for wii

Last edited:
Super Mario Galaxy is a must buy. It is ridiculously fun and the best game on Wii so far without doubt. Yes the early stages are very easy but the later ones offer more challenge and getting all 120 stars will take a while (60 stars completion is for casuals). There is a lot of similarity with Mario 64 (controls are pretty much the same) but the gameplay is totally out of this world.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is also a fantastic game with fluid controls that is probably best described as a first person adventure with quite a bit of shooting involved. If you liked any previous Metroid games you will probably like this one too but if you didnt like Metroid before then you will probably like them after this. The only downside to this game is that it is over a little too quickly (around 15 to 20 hours play on average) and you really want it to keep on going. I think it is the second best game on Wii after Galaxy, just edging out Zelda TP.

NBA 08, well ive never played it but going by reviews id say it cant compete with the 2 big hitters above.

I don't own any, but...

NBA Live doesn't look very good.

Metroid Prime 3 looks fun, and got good reviews

Super Mario Galaxy got some of the top ratings of all time, and #1 game ever on some website but I can't remember what it is called.

Super Mario Galaxy is what you should get.

Back