Need advice about controllers

fearturtle

WiiChat Member
Jun 21, 2007
First let me get it out of the way before people yell "search", but i did quite a few searches and read many threads but could not find any sort of answer...

I want to get some VC games as well as GC games possibly and want to know which controllers to purchase. I def want it for Mario Kart like most but also other games. I saw something about a GC to PS2 converter, would this work for all types of VC and GC games? (be best since i have 4 already). If not which is bets, N64/Classic/GC controller? Thanks

I saw a thread about wireless PS2 ones working with the GC converter, so I can only assume a wired PS2 controller would also work?

Thanks

I think every VC game lets you use the GC controller. I'd say, if you already have a GC controller, keep it. If not, buy a Classic Controller. Gunstar Heroes with the Wii remote is awesome...BTW.

uh, theoretically it should work, im just wondering why do you wanna use a PS2 controller, why not just use a GC controller or the classic controller?
Btw most people on this site are pretty nice and we wont yell at you to search just try to answer your questions :)

Wow, I didn't even notice the Playstation controller part. I'd guess that some people are used to using the PS controller. I'd personally recommend sticking with 3rd party and Nintendo products. Although it is fun to fig around with stuff.

Thanks all. Dont think i have ever posted and gotten so many responses that quick.

I just wanted to use PS2 b/c i already have 4 of them, but if the others work better...

Thanks again

i say this every time but i wouldnt use the GC controller for VC ie: SNES games is where i see the issue... if you noticed the GC controller buttons it has the little b and the big A and the weird Y/X buttons but in order to run in games like donkey kong country and SMW you need to hold down Y and B is jump... the buttons are in a weird place unless you have a very bendable thumb you will not be able to hit both at the same time to run and jump to make that leap of faith to the next platform.. thats the only issue i had with GC controller.. PS2 would work witht he adapter... and the Classic Controller is where its at.. everything you loved about the SNES controller with thumb sticks lol...

JeremyGTS said:
i say this every time but i wouldnt use the GC controller for VC ie: SNES games is where i see the issue... if you noticed the GC controller buttons it has the little b and the big A and the weird Y/X buttons but in order to run in games like donkey kong country and SMW you need to hold down Y and B is jump... the buttons are in a weird place unless you have a very bendable thumb you will not be able to hit both at the same time to run and jump to make that leap of faith to the next platform.. thats the only issue i had with GC controller.. PS2 would work witht he adapter... and the Classic Controller is where its at.. everything you loved about the SNES controller with thumb sticks lol...
too right! SMW with the GC controllers just doesn't work at all.

Will the PS2 controller map to the Classic Controller I wonder? It seems like they are set up very similar???

lol i love my classic its like a PS2/SNES controller, it came with my Wii so idk if i woulda bought it. PS2 will definitely be easier than GC. Nintendo got a little lazy, The C buttons are still there they didnt show an analog...

yes the should be very similar in the way the buttons are configured so square/triangle being Y/X and X/O being B/A

i think thats how a PS controller is configed?

Yeah it something like that, atleast they all look to be in the same place. So if people rec. the Classic controller and I have 4 PS2's which are set up very similar if not identical then I think I may have my answer, as long as those converters are not too pricey.

if they are like 15 bucks i would go with the Classic controller instead myself....they are probably like $5 by now they have been out a long time

Hmm so wait when Super Smash Brothers Brawl comes out will it need the wii controller or gc controller?

Back