Need help getting my kids off their butts!

tom97531

WiiChat Member
Feb 6, 2007
We bought a Wii since we thought it might help get our kids more active. The sports disc that came with it seems to do a pretty good job at that. We bought Zelda, but there seems to be very little physical activity involved with it. Maybe it gets more active as the game goes on? What I'm looking for is suggestions for other games that involve a lot of physical activity. Can anyone help?

...Thanks to all who replied so far. But I must make clear that my kids do get outdoors and they are into sports. I'm always encouraging them to do those things. I'm just trying to replace those times where they sit in front of the TV, computer or gameboy. I think they spend more time doing those things than they ought to.

Last edited:
are you lookin for them to lose weight? or is it you just dont want them to be lazy. give them a real sport to play. wii is great and all, but no substitsute for real outdoor/gym play or something like that.

^^I agree with this guy.

Also, just wait until the wii gets more sports games, eg tennis, basketball, baseball, madden and grab some of those.

but the wii will never match up to just going outside and playing ball with your kids, whether your tossing a baseball, going 1 on 1 on the courts, or just playing tag.

tom just so you know Zelda does not get much more active. Like others here have said go either for Wario ware or a sports game.

Yup, as most people have already said Wario Wares great for getting them off their buts :p You can NOT play this game sitting down, seriously lol!

So I'd go for that, don't think there are any others I could recommend

Sorry but Wario Ware can totally be played sitting down. Everyone plays the games a little differently.

As for "getting them off their butts", just realize that you are the parent that needs to set time limits for your children with anything involving TV time and video games.

Showing them "Wii Sports" boxing will only result in them getting off their butts for about 5-10 minutes. If they really want to sit while playing they'll just stop playing the games that require them to stand.

Just remember you need to step in a restrict use of whatever it is, kids need balance and your guidance to live a balanced life.

Is Wario Ware really good? I am also looking for another game that requires some movement.

grimmda said:
Sorry but Wario Ware can totally be played sitting down. Everyone plays the games a little differently.

Tut tut:hand: Have you been breaking the third rule of Warioware??

3. Let loose your inhabitions.

That means you cheated at least once on the squatting game!!!:hand: :hand:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you are relying on a video game system to make your kids active, you have problems. Everyone has certain types of exercise they hate, and other areas they like. For example, I like cycling. Also if your kids have fallen into a habbit of not exercising it will be hard to break. Human beings are creatures of habit. So find out what they to do like, and force that down their throats. You need to become the alpha leader of the pack.

What about the Wii Sports action pack? With the tennis racket wiimote holder etc. That should get them swinging away at tennis rather than the little wrist flick motions :)

Back