Need help getting online

matguy87

WiiChat Member
Feb 21, 2007
Hey,

I'm at college where the internet is really gay (you need a bunch of passwords and **** on your computer to be able to get on to it), so I can't get my Wii online. I've tried the Nintendo Wifi adapter but it is too weak to give a good connection and doesn't have drivers for my operating system.

Is there any other type of router or adapter I can use through my computer to send out a Wifi signal to my Wii? (if there are which would work the best?)

thanks

College networks are usually protected to prevent unauthorised access so its kind of crap to access the internet from them anyway.
The only one I can think of is the Nintendo Wifi adapter, but you say you have already tried that. Sorry I can' help any further but maybe someone else can?

how is the connection supplyed to you?

matguy87 said:
Hey,

I'm at college where the internet is really gay

Exactly how can an electronic communication system express a sexual orientation preference?

captainff said:
Exactly how can an electronic communication system express a sexual orientation preference?

maybe its just a happy internet connection (ie fast) lol

I connect to the internet through an ethernet cable and then have to log onto an account.

Just go somewhere download w/e you want and bring it back. If you want the internet channel then you are most likely best of using the Nintendo Wi-fi adapter because that didn't work call the company.

Does your college only offer ethernet connection? Also at what point in making a connection to the colleges network do you have to log in a password? Do you know if connecting to a Intranet first or a VPN? I am assuming you are using a vista computer...

matguy87 said:
I connect to the internet through an ethernet cable and then have to log onto an account.

If its Ethernet then get a wireless router.

Back