Need Help. Wii Newbie

DREWNOX

WiiChat Member
Nov 30, 2007
Hi all. I just bought a Wii for my 6 year old son for christmas. I had heard that there were some fun games for his age. I was wondering what are some good games for adults. I loved N64 when it was out. Goldeneye is still IMO the greatest video game ever created. Anyway, that is the stuff I'm into.

Also, I was wondering how these work. I know they have the motion sensitive remotes and all, but what about regular games. Can you just sit and play like a normal console?

nope you cant play like other consoles unless you buy virtual console games. but really why would you use an analog stick to aim a gun when you can use the wiimote. its so much easier and more fun.

Hmm there probably wont be any great first person shooters like that for wii unless you like resident evil. I would suggest Legend of Zelda Twilight princess which is a little more serious along with The 3 metroid prime series games those two series are extremely fun and a little more on the serious side.Like metroid prime corruption the add to the game extremely well and you wished that every shooter game acted like that. The controls in that game make that game the best of the series. My only complaint in that game is the doors are glitchy but i think they use that to load the room your about to go into because there is basically no visual load screens. A game that they worked bad for was transformers even though i never played a lot of people and critics say that the controls didnt feel like they acted right or felt akward.

Last edited:
actually i wouldn't say this is completely true because super smash brothers brawl is going to use gamecube controllers as one of many control schemes you can choose from

Back