Need Help With Online Connections? Come Here.

Use the lan adapter. I had the same prob. but i fixed it by using the lan adapter.

Lan adapter as in.... ?
(I mentioned that i wasn't the most technically savvy right?) lol
!S

I have one that I've tried to get to work up here before cause I have a laptop and a desktop and I wanted them both on wired connections since it's faster. My router wouldn't work up here cause of the security measures they take. Thanks though. Appreciate it.

Stevwen said:
Lan adapter as in.... ?
(I mentioned that i wasn't the most technically savvy right?) lol
!S
It is a little thing that will give you online and you can get it at gamestop.Or somewhere where they sell video games.

pro gamer said:
It is a little thing that will give you online and you can get it at gamestop.Or somewhere where they sell video games.

Found it lol. Actually it only took about 2 seconds on google, but I'd already posted that "Der what dat is" reply...
Thank you very much. :)
I have one ordered and on the way from Nintendo.

!S

pro gamer said:
You have a router right?
who me?
Yes I have a router, I'm picking up an ethernet cable from Fry's, and I've checked the outputs and I still have enough slots to reserve one for my wii. Now its just the waiting game until my Lan Adapter arrives.
:wink:
!S

The lan adapter comes with an ethernet cable.

pro gamer said:
The lan adapter comes with an ethernet cable.

Whew! Thanks for the quick response, I was actually going out the door when I got the notification email. Saved me a cool $3 :D
(+ the $45 in gas it takes to get to Fry's.)
Rep for you good sir

!S

Ooo First Post :)
My friend and I are both having troubles when it comes to playing each other on GH3. Just before we join each others game we're signed out (booted out) and Error Code: 86070 appears.
I believe we're both using the same router (some kind of Belkin - will say which model when i find out :p), so i imagine we've got the same settings.
For both of us, this rarely happens when facing strangers but 100% everytime we try to play each other.
I'm not familiar with WEP/WPA/DNS. ect. But i've read that i need to change the settings of my router. This too i have no idea on changing.
My computer is running on Vista and guides i've come across explain in XP :(
Help would be greatly appreciated.

so you and your friend are using the same router?

OK, well i think ive screwed it al up now. I installed my usb connecter about a year ago, and it worked fine for a bit. Then i didnt have no online games to play, so didnt use it.

Just got BW2, so wanted to use it, and it wouldnt work at all. Got error code 209800.

So i was reading around, and saw people say uninstalling and reinstalling works for them. So i uninstalled my usb, and erased my connections on my wii.

Stuck my disc in, it was all going smooth. then a microsoft box pops up, warning me in bold writting, that continuing with the installment might damage my system, as it didnt have digital sig or something, and wasnt tested to work on microsoft.

I never got this the first time, and my usb is nintendo own make, not some cheapo one.

Well, i carried on anyway, and it said it had been installed, except when i plug my usb in, nothing happens. Apart from a box comes up to say there will be little or no connection at all, as the computor hasnt been assigned an ip address.

What is going on here? How come it wokred before, but not now? Please help me, i dont know what to do.

One more thing. I think i might buy a router thing, so i can have a wired connection. but i hear some dont work with some games, and some not at all.

Which one should i get that will work with everything, and is proven reliable with all you guys? I'm in the UK by the way, so wont know shops anywhere else.

Cheers fellas.

pro gamer said:
so you and your friend are using the same router?

No, just the same type of router.
I'm pretty sure i have to chage my internet settings to WEP but i don't know where to find my key/password to change it..

I Think I Have A Chalenge For You, I Set My Wii Up And It Worked Fine But Then I Connected It To The Internet By A Wire Free Modem Since Then I Carnt Do A Thing It Loads Up Any Disc I Put In But My Little Hands Arnt There I Have Trid Sync My Remotes I Have Trid Dissconnecting It But Nothing Please Help Becauses I Am Out Of Ideas And I Miss My Wee.

Back