Need help with wiimote. Tried everything

Tifany710

WiiChat Member
May 4, 2009
Here is what happened: I was playing rockband when the batteries died in my drums so I decided to take the batteries from my wiimote to use. Then when I went to put new batteries in both motes they didn't work. I tried synching one of them and none of the lights blink. I tried holding the reset button down for over 15 seconds. I tried unplugging everything for over an hour then plugging it all back in and synching, but still nothing. I tried taking out the batteries and I have tried numerous batteries but nothing. I need help. Any suggestions on what else to do besides throw them at the wall.

did you press the Syn button on the actual Wii as well as the one on the remote?

What kind of batteries are you using? i hear that the Rechargable Battery Packs you can get only ruin the remotes after time,something to do with the charging stations over charging them.

Trying to sync a Remote to your Wii? :yesnod:

Do this on the Wii's channel screen or shortly after launching the game. It may not work if you are into the game's sub menus.
  • For the first time:
    • open the small Flash Drive door on front of the Wii.
    • remove the battery cover on the back of the remote.
    • hit the red button found inside the Wii's door then the red button on inside the Remotes battery compartment.
    • watch blue flashing lights on Remote.

• Temp synch or rotating remotes?
    • simply hit the home button on a remote
    • point to Remote Menu at the bottom of the screen
      • it highlights blue when you point to it
    • click on reconnect remotes
    • follow onscreen instructions
helpful? :yesnod:

you may not need all of this info.. just certain parts

Yes I pressed the sync button on both. I have tried the wii button first then mote button. I have tried both at the same time. I have tried mote first then console. Everytime I get nothing. I have tried regular and rechargeable batteries but nothing. The mote worked to start rockband but now nothing. I don't get it.

Have you tried totally unplugging your Wii for 20 seconds and then reconnecting the power? It solves a lot of issues like this

Here is the correct way to re-sync. Copied and pasted from Nintendo Support.

1.Turn the Wii console power OFF by pressing the POWER Button on the front of the console. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet for a few seconds. After a few seconds have elapsed, plug the cord back into the wall outlet.

2.Turn the power of the Wii console ON. When you see the Health and Safety screen, open the small flap on the front of the Wii console to find a red button labeled "SYNC." Press and hold the SYNC Button down for 15 seconds. This will clear all the syncs on the Wii, allowing you to get a clean start to begin the process described below.

3.After holding the SYNC Button on the Wii console down for at least 15 seconds, you can now "re-sync" your Wii Remotes:

•With the first Wii Remote you wish to sync, remove the battery cover on the back of the Wii Remote to find a small red button just below the batteries.

•Press and release the small red button just below the batteries on the Wii Remote; the blue lights on the front of the Wii Remote will blink.

•Quickly press and release the red SYNC button on the inside of the white flap on the front of the Wii console (picture).

•When the Player LED blinking stops and stays lit, the syncing is complete. The LED that is illuminated indicates the player number (1 through 4).

•This sync procedure (steps "a" through "d" above) must be followed for each additional Wii Remote added to the system.

Back