need help

chrispas13

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2008
i was looking in to hookin up the internet to my wii so i bought a linksys 2.4ghz wireless router. because my cable modem is upstairs and my wii is down stairs. i went to my local staples and got the router and was lookin at ways to connect my wii. i could run a 50 foot ethernet cable and then just get the LAN adapter but i think i found another way. here is my question i was wondering if i could just get a wireless USB adapter and cut out the LAN adapter, will this work?

Since you have a linksys wireless router, you don't need the USB adapter. All you need to do is configure the router, then configure the Wii and you'll be online. Just read through the docs you got with the router, and it will tell you how to setup the wireless.

Yeah remember to follow the steps of unplugging router and modem, then powering up your modem first, waiting a bit, and powering up your router (make sure your router is connected by ethernet to your modem before all that). This will configure your router to your modem, then you just set up security or whatever you want and then get your wii to search for access points and it will work.

Back