Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
ok since i started playing blackops ive had:
-random freezes
-multiple scratches caused by the wii itself
-unable to read disc message

my wii makes a loud noise when the disc drive spins

anything wil help thankyou in advanced

sounds like serious hardware issues (disk motor and parts holding it together could have shifted, causing the games 2 grind/scratch/not read)...either get it fixed by specialty shop/nintendo, or a get new wii entirely. if u don't take care of it soon, u could damage ur other games and make them completely worthless.

also, moving ur console constantly (example: bringing 2 friend's/family's multiple times) over a period of time can easily cause hardware damage.

yea i move it alot my moms house over the weekend then dads house during the weekdays, im getting a red wii for christmas and thank god you told me now im gonna keep my games away from it

i move my wii alot and nothing is wrong with it
give it time...lol

btw, if u absolutely have 2 move ur wii (or any console/pc 4 that matter), be very VERY careful w/ it....

good care = good years w/ ur console

Last edited:
Ive been having the same problems, i bought BO like a week after it came out and like 2 weeks ago it started saying unable to read the disc it eventually works if i keep trying but if i turn it of i have to go through the same process

Ive been having the same problems, i bought BO like a week after it came out and like 2 weeks ago it started saying unable to read the disc it eventually works if i keep trying but if i turn it of i have to go through the same process
is it only w/ black ops, or have u tried other games as well?

so every game comes up w/ disk error and ur experiencing the same problems carlos had (loud noises from disk motor and disk scratches), or is it only disk errors w/ games?

Do you move your wii when the games is inside it? because that may have caused the problem.

Or... it probably have happen when to much dust is inside the wii. :p

Do you move your wii when the games is inside it? because that may have caused the problem.

Or... it probably have happen when to much dust is inside the wii. :p

dust usually causes overheating and makes it harder 4 the optical lens 2 read games, which can be remedied w/ a cleaning disk (4 lens at least). however, if the disk motor sounds like it is working a lot harder than it should be and ur games get scratched in the process, it's definitely a good idea 2 consider getting it repaired or replaced.

Hey fade u sound intelligent in how to treat ur wii what is the best way to like set it? Sideways or upright on the stand?

And my light for the power button turned to a lighter color orange not like the orange in the beginning, is that a problem?

placing it vertically keeps it well ventilated, but it's better 2 have it horizontal so that ur wii's internal components remain upright. as long as it has room 2 breathe, the horizontal position is a safer alternative.

oh, and the yellow-orange light means ur wiiconnect24 is in standby. it's not 2 much of a problem in the beginning, but permanent standby can cause ur gpu 2 gradually fry over time from extensive heat. plus, leaving a disk in the wii on standby is not a good idea either 4 similar reasons (heat). don't be afraid 2 keep it on every now and then; just remember 2 turn it off when u go 2 sleep or if u leave the wii unused 4 awhile.

Last edited:
Back