Need Linux Help for PS3!!!

fatalorgasm92

Nintendo,Gaming 24/7
May 6, 2007
Big Pine Key, FL
Wii Online Code
3157-7038-9234-4590
Hey i was recently Interested in Yellow dog for PS3.
If anyone has any info on installation effects on the PS3 or absolutely ANYTHING please let me know. The Biggest thing i want to know is Do you keep the normal Playstation OS as well?? becuaes i dont want to install YDL and then not have my old PS3.
Any help would be great

No and No.

By installing the YD OS, you have to switch what it loads on the system menu. In the Linux boot screen, you can type in commands and have it boot from the PS3 OS or let it continue loading YD. When having boot from the PS3 OS it will restart and change the boot back to the PS3 OS.

It does not void your warranty.

http://www.playstation.com/ps3-openplatform/manual.html

Nothing. Its still a work in progress so, you cant do anything amazing. Emulators are still being worked on so none work for the PS3 right now. Since you have a PC already, not much purpose putting it on your PS3 at the moment.

aight thanks man. I know i have pc so its doesnt really matter but i just wanted to messs around with it, in the future i think this capability to boot different OSes will make the PS3 awesome and alot of modding and customizing will be possible. the only purpose it would serve right now is if your computer sucked.

So actually when you think about it the PS3 besides being itselft if a 600 pc with a bluray drive, Wow what a deal, and it has processing power thats it unmatched. If i didnt have my PC already i would definitly use it instead.

Its deffinitly like the PSP. Once people start to get used to it, there will be some pretty crazy things going on.

Its a very cheap system.

Ya i mean thats something everyone Complaining about the price really fails to see. and its getting a price drop sometime this year i think. the PS3 is a really good deal. I just wish linux had a few more games, Theres about 30 i know of i paly on PC buts theres some missing. I hope they make a program so you can use the PS3 controller with Linux games.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFtNaDUgHY[/media]

NVM, it does play a lot of emulators. I wish i had servers like that guy.

Back