Need Major Help! (quick Reply)

hmm idk but the regular sensor bar came with the same prob. it turned out that it was just little tabs under the sensor

are you sure the leds in the sensor work? use a cellphone camera and take a picture of the sensor bar in the on position.

he probably threw the Wiimote at the sensor bar while playing Wii Sports Golf: broke both the Wiimote and the sensor bar.

I have the same wireless bar and setup was less than 5 minutes. I don't recall doing anything to the wiimotes or to the wii to get it to work.

When you turn it on, the blue LED should be bright. If it looks dim, maybe the batteries are dying and new batteries should be tried. If you think you have exhausted all troubleshooting, taking it back to the store and trying a different bar might be a good idea.

Make sure nothing is plugged into the sensor bar port in the back of the wii. Make sure the batteries are plugged in correct (if you are getting the blue LED, that is a good indication that they are), try to move your sensor bar closer and further away from the wii and try to move the wiimote closer and further away from the sensor bar. Don't take any of these suggestions as an assult on your know-how. They are common mistakes that are easily corrected.

try to see if theres any tabs on the bottom and take em out if there is. they block signals. im telling u i had the same exact problem when i 1st had my wii.if that doesnt solve ur prob read teh instructions again

As to why someone would use the wireless sensor bar, there are many reasons. My reason is that my cats like cords and I let the cord hang to the ground so they could chew through it. That was a nice surprise. So one less cord now. Also, I went to Bestbuy to see if I could get a replacement sensor bar, and the only thing they had to offer was the wireless sensor bar.

Last edited:
Dude same here my cat starting eating the cord to sensor bar. So i put it up of course they jump up there and knock it down.

disturbed said:
You spelled retarded wrong lol. Anyway why would you even waste money on a wireless sensor bar when the wired sensor bar works perfectly?

yea really never understood the point of the wireless sensor bar in the first place...i mean the wire is so thin youd never notice it and youve already got wires running from the wii for your audio video. Call me crazy but sounds like a waste of money to me.

Vendetta, I just opened my wii sensor bar today and am having the exact same problem. In my case, I used a camera to attempt to detect the infrared signal, and the sensor bar does not appear to be working. To verify that the camera would recieve the infrared light's image, i tried multiple TV remotes, being able to see the infra red light on all of them.

Anyone have any additional advice or is this thing goin back?

{Axtlár} said:
That is a really cheap and ghetto way don't try it...

Hey I've got 2 candles on my tv...(Wick Ari fresheners work too)...
When I first heard About the IR signal(Way back when) I tried the 2 candles...it woked! & there still there...I don't use them but there still there...
I still use the sensor bar it came with...sits on top of my tv...between the 2 candles...

And yeah Check for IR with a Digital Camera lens...with a good Digatal Camera you can see them...so If you cant see them = it is not working...aslo do not play in direct sunlight, it too gives of IR...

Game on

Back