Need Memory Card to save Gamecube game on wii?

ZachWinter

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
I've never played Gamecube but there isn't any other games I want to buy for the wii and I already beat Zelda.

If I buy a gamecube game and controller will I need to buy a memory card?

Please and thanks.

~Zach

I believe so, the Wii memory is designed for Wii's. The GC games want to save onto Memory Cards like they did in GC, but i may be wrong who knows.

if you do, you can get a kick ass memory card called: Madcat 16x

Holds all you'd ever need.

Whatever you do, don't get a third-party GC memory card. Only buy Nintendo branded GC memory cards. Third-party ones are NOT fully supported on the Wii since Nintendo NEVER authorized them; there also have been many reports of third-party memory cards getting stuck in the Wii and messing up the memory card ports.

csiguy4u said:
there also have been many reports of third-party memory cards getting stuck in the Wii and messing up the memory card ports.

i believe that is true, the madcat one fits in fine - but not as easily as regular one. so with that note you may want normal. The fitting for the Madcats x16 is fine and works for the Wii - but the safe side is usually best :p

csiguy4u said:
Whatever you do, don't get a third-party GC memory card. Only buy Nintendo branded GC memory cards. Third-party ones are NOT fully supported on the Wii since Nintendo NEVER authorized them; there also have been many reports of third-party memory cards getting stuck in the Wii and messing up the memory card ports.
Oh wow, thanks. I was actually going to go buy a 3rd party one but it looked big to me. Thanks for the heads up.

Yea. i just checked my Madcats x16, it actually fits easier then the regular old GC Memory Card. Wierd hehe. I geuss they ment ones that were wider/thicker or different insert. mines fine tho, i dont take it in and out much anyways.

I just got a 16mb, 1019 block, 16x card made by Intec for $20. Now, is there ANYTHING else I will need for this machine? Seems like there's a cost around every corner :mad2:

I know what you mean
First the Wii $250
Second another game $50
Third another Wiimote $???
Fourth another nunchuck $???
Fifth(Optional)A Gamecube controller $20-35
Sixth(Optional)A GC memory card $20

But I think it's all worth it.

Edit:Forgot WiiPoints(Optional) $10-50

E-Roc2010 said:
I know what you mean
First the Wii $250
Second another game $50
Third another Wiimote $???
Fourth another nunchuck $???
Fifth(Optional)A Gamecube controller $20-35
Sixth(Optional)A GC memory card $20

But I think it's all worth it.

Edit:Forgot WiiPoints(Optional) $10-50
I got all of the items you mentioned (with two $11 gamecube controllers) plus 2 gamecube games and a 1gb SD card. Yea, it's worth it. We didn't have a GC before but even those games are very smooth. My son played all morning with the GC Over the Hedge, and he also loves GC Ed Edd and Eddy.
I'm not even going to add everything up :yikes:

Lol, yeah I know it's worth. I'm buying some GC controllers so I can finally play N: CoN 2.

Back