need some help plz

dementor9

WiiChat Member
Jul 3, 2007
so i just bought madden 07 for my wii, i went to turn on my wii to find that it wont turn on. i have the red led light if i unplug then plug it back it. but when i push the power button it turns green for a split second and the disk light turns on for a split second then everything turns off and i cant get a light back until i unplug then plug it back in again and it does all the same stuff again. i have all the cords plugged in. someone help

Sounds like a faulty wii to me.

But lemme ask you.

1. Is this a new wii?
2. Is it still under warranty?
3. Does it happen only with Madden?
4. Have you tried booting the wii up with nothing in it?

Trulen said:
Sounds like a faulty wii to me.

But lemme ask you.

1. Is this a new wii?
2. Is it still under warranty?
3. Does it happen only with Madden?
4. Have you tried booting the wii up with nothing in it?

Good questions Trulen. I also suggest phoning nintendo (their number is in your wii intsruction manual) They have good advice (hell, they made it)

1. Is this a new wii?i got it at christmas
2. Is it still under warranty? i have no clue tbh
3. Does it happen only with Madden? i cant put madden in due to me not being able to turn it on for longer then like half a second
4. Have you tried booting the wii up with nothing in it? i cant get my wii sports out because the machine wont stay on long enough.

and i dont know the nintendo number i dunno where i put my box

Try replugging in the wii, so you get the red light.
And then press the eject button, so maybe Wii Sports will come out.

And then try to turn your wii on. Then tell me what happened.

ok, i plugged it in, got the red light, pressed eject, the light flashed green real quick the cd input flashed to blue then it all went down again.

If you registered your Wii through Nintendo you get a free 3 month extension to the warranty right? If so I think his system is covered until at least Jan of 2008

But everyone gets a 1 year warranty unless you have opened the console right?
(even then Nintendo has repaired systems for free).

But yes if you don't have a warranty Nintendo will still fix it for a fee because gamecubes could be fixed out of warranty.

can someone post the nintendo help line or whatever its called i dont have the number

Well, I have no idea what to tell you then.

The only thing I can tell you besides calling Nintendo, is to leave your wii unplugged for a little while.

Though it sounds like it's related to your CD drive thing.

well thanks for your time, ill try leaving it unplugged for a while then trying it again later, hopefully i dont have to send it in for repairs ide be pissed

Back