Need wireless internet connection help!

wiisgood, i strongly think that you are right, but dad won't let me mess with the security. He says there are important files on the computer

ablaze, thanks for the advice, i'm pretty sure we got xp

Last edited:
You're "sure" you got XP?... hmm :p That seems to me rather an uncertainty. In theory, if it says: Windows XP when it boots, you probably indeed have XP.

If it doesn't... well then I could own the relative right to throw used toilet paper balls at ye. =D

haha funny ablaze, but it says windows xp on my computer as it boots up.

PLEASE HELP!! I have connected my Wii to my thomson speedtouch wireless router no problem. i set up the connection as instructed. it tests the connection etc and it is fine. it tells me to update now and it starts fine. BUT.... When i go to my router config, at the start it shows that my wii is connected and all is fine but i wait for the download and it moved abit BUT... after like 20 mins my wii connection becomes inactive? my wii is still trying to download the update but my wireless connection seems to be lost? Any ideas? My msn is [email protected] please pop online tonight if u can help. will try pop back tonight

FYI, the following site has some decent insight into debugging your Wii network connection - this page is specifically for the indicted error:

http://www.wiierror.com/wii-error-52131.php

Tony, I noticed at the bottom they specifically cover a dynamic gateway/IP issue with the speedtouch.

FWIW, I've tested our Wii on our Dlink wireless router with and without WEP and it connects fine (at least out through the shop/news/weather - no browser at this point). That's also running through a pretty stout SonicWall Pro firewall (more enterprise class) with no problems.

I would have added to the thread (I've been doing networking for years) but RonJon's excellent posts and the above link seems to cover ~99% of the issues!

~DT

Comebeack

Sorry i haven't posted in awhile. I used to have a problem similar to tonyb7's, but now i can't even get a good test. I was thinking that the wireless phones in my house might be causing a problem.

Last edited:
Back