Negative Rep?

SensesFail

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Ohio
how do you give someone bad rep? i recieved "bad rep" from someone a while ago for calling a game "gay" the note said something like "games have no gender" (smartass lol) but i just wondered cause i need to give someone some "bad rep" cause they earned it. :mad5:

I don't know, I received grey rep (though I don't know what it means) for stating my opinion on something. People are just ignorant sometimes. Negative rep should only be used if you are insulting a specific person or causing problems on the forum.

well i was insulted. but thats not what bothered me as much as his blatent ignorance. i recieved blue rep twice, any idea what the diff colors are?

They got rid of negative rep awhile ago so I'm not sure how you got it...but grey blocks mean that the person did not have enough rep points to give you any so it pretty much adds nothing to your rep but justs acknowledges that someone was trying to give you rep

only mods should be allowed to give neg rep. hmm. maybe there is a glitch and other people can give neg reps

Thanks for the info. The message they left made me think it was negative, so I'm glad to know that it was not.

maybe it was a mod who neg-repped me. idn, i cant see it cause its too far back. i wish i could neg-rep this guy tho. he really pissed me off lol. usually the internet doesnt do that to me. haha

I believe at one point Brawny had the power to give out negative rep. However, I'm not exactly sure if he still has the ability to. As mentioned above the only people with the powers to give out negative reputation are the staff members.

I believe it was a glitch of some sort. For example, another member here at WiiChat can't view their own private messages.

Syntax said:
I believe it was a glitch of some sort. For example, another member here at WiiChat can't view their own private messages.

Yes, they can't view their own private messages, or send any. Which.. kind of suck. I remember people like Brawny and +Maniacal=Maniac+ who couldn't seem to get their private message system working.

It was most likely red seeing as negative reputation = red reputation.

Back