Neighborly advice =D

em0d

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
I don't have a wireless router, so I'm trying to leech off my neighbors, but they all have passwords set.

Should I just go ask them if my Mii's can mingle on their internet?

LOL! Would you really say that?

If you can steal internetz, go buy the WiFi USB. That's what I use.

Saku said:
LOL! Would you really say that?

If you can steal internetz, go buy the WiFi USB. That's what I use.

umm if he can steal it he doesnt need to buy anything.. the wii has wifi capabilitys... all you do is pick the connection and enter the password

i had my wii online straight out the box

i mean if your friends with your neighbors ask them...haha

i told my neighbors i might use it hahah. when im in my back yard i use their internet for my laptop cause its a stronger signal. they dont care as long as im not doing anyhting dumb ahhaha

weazol said:
umm if he can steal it he doesnt need to buy anything.. the wii has wifi capabilitys... all you do is pick the connection and enter the password

i had my wii online straight out the box

He just said they were password protected. Yeah.

I had to get the WiFi USB because all the wireless connections were blocked by password.

It was only a suggestion.

i have 2 recommendations for you. Buy a wireless router for approximately $50... or spend time on the internet and learn how to get the WEP/WPA codes from the router. (which is INDEED illegal).. oh wait, you can ask them if you can get their code if you guys are tight enough!

Saku said:
He just said they were password protected. Yeah.

I had to get the WiFi USB because all the wireless connections were blocked by password.

It was only a suggestion.

are you talking about a router?

cause im thinking your talking about a wireless card that plugs in by usb.. which would still require a password

intekmdma said:
... oh wait, you can ask them if you can get their code if you guys are tight enough!

Know any good Pie recipes? Maybe a good casserole? You know get on thier good side

;-)

Seriously if you explain the sitch, maybe they will just say "sure" and hand over thier WEP key.

-Bobby

weazol said:
are you talking about a router?

cause im thinking your talking about a wireless card that plugs in by usb.. which would still require a password

Oh, I'm talking about the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector that connects to your computer.

I have to use that since I can't pick up unsecured wireless connections.

Saku said:
Oh, I'm talking about the Nintendo WiFi USB Connector that connects to your computer.

I have to use that since I can't pick up unsecured wireless connections.

oh ok..

not to say that sucks or anything but for the same price you can get a wireless router and have everything wireless in your house

GreenBean713 said:
i mean if your friends with your neighbors ask them...haha

i told my neighbors i might use it hahah. when im in my back yard i use their internet for my laptop cause its a stronger signal. they dont care as long as im not doing anyhting dumb ahhaha

Heh well I've never talked to any of them, but who knows...maybe they consider their WAN passwd like a cup of sugar :lol:

weazol said:
oh ok..

not to say that sucks or anything but for the same price you can get a wireless router and have everything wireless in your house

not everything >< the computers would also need wireless ethernet cards, oh and a printer server, and lets see... one of those game adapter thingies for the 360 or PS2, and uh... yeah, might as well go wireless now ><

Back