neon genesis evangelion

both very actiony and mentally contoring... two great combos
actually watching it right now...

Id recommend getting the platinum series, Includes Directors cuts and plays in 5.1 Dolby.
Then get Evangelion Death & Rebirth combo pack, they were the replacements for the last two ending episodes to the series which sucked more than an Oreck.

cant find all that on gootube

Dark Void said:
dont forget "the end of evangelion" wich add's a little more than death and rebirth since it came after it.
yeah i missed that, it came in the bundle with death&rebirth, and i really recommend watching EoE with commentary, helps open up the deeeeep concepts

Death and rebirth lose at life, totally. I don't know one person IRL who actually liked them, they were a travesty in our opinion. However I totally loved the rest of the series, all of it. I've talked to people who say it isn't all that and tbh I don't think they got it, it's a benchmark anime and there's a reason its one of the most well known ever.

Last edited:
Death&Rebirth and the End were both composed a while after the series ended, so Im pretty sure Death & Rebirth was made just to recap what was going on for those who wouldnt have access to the series right away

I still wanna know how NERV obtained Lilith or where she came from... That site of Ikari Gendo's Ultimate EVA FAQs was pretty good though. It's so hard to find any conclusive evidence about where she came from, at least in the series. The mangas might be a little more comprehensive (the Akira graphic novel series were, they were daaaamn good :D ).

Hehe I got the platinum box set :D

It's daaaaaamn good, and those directors cuts just illustrate the depth of the story. I do still however have my old tapes from '98/'99 when i taped it off tv (hey I was 12 years old at the time) as they still carry that certain nostalgia about them...

Back