Netflix on a Japanese Wii

Denkikun

WiiChat Member
Apr 14, 2010
US
Howdy all,

I have a Japanese wii that we use (in the US) to play joysound Karaoke (got it because I heard that that game is hard or impossible to crack for the US wii - this may or may not be true...).

I was really excited about the prospect of streaming netflix on my Japanese wii, but the Netflix disc would not read because of he region issues. I was really stoked when they Netflix channel became an option for US wii, but.....
no Netflix channel shows up on my Japanese wii unit.

So..... is there a way for me to trick this thing into streaming Netflix, or am I S.O.L.?

Thanks for any advice you might be able to offer

Denkikun

You might be S.O.L in that department for sure. Its the fact you have Japanese Wii, Netflix allows Americans to Stream Movies because its an American company that my not be international. Even it was, you'd get the Japanese Version, which would mean only Japanese Streaming Movies/Animes.

Any possibility for "tinkering" to solve this?

Thanks BlurayPSP,

I'm not so familiar with the modding that alot of people have done with the Wii unit, and thought that there might be some hope of intervention to make this unit actually do what I want...

which (just to clarify) is:

Allow me to stream netflix while still retaining its Japanese identity so that i can use the Joysound karaoke.

Still interested in any advice anyone can offer.

Can you afford a $199.99 US Wii? One Japanese Wii to play your Japanese Wii Games, while the US one Streams with Netflix.

Double wii (wiiwii)

Bluray,

Hmm, that seems silly... been looking at Roku and Apple TV all day today trying to figure out what might be best to stream with. Any good suggestions?

Denkikun

Back