Netgear WGR614v9 troubles

Cypress94

WiiChat Member
Sep 26, 2009
Georgia
Wii Online Code
7861-6473-3597-0099
Hi folks! Newbie here, and grateful this place exists! I have the above router, and am trying to connect to EA Sports servers for Tiger Woods 2010. I keep getting an error when I try to connect on-line, saying that I have "lost connection to EA servers. Try again?" I know I have the Wii configured properly, because the other internet functions are working smoothly. I am running Windows firewall and PC Cillin. Is this a firewall issue, or what am I missing? Thanks in advance!

Windows firewall and PC Cillin would not have anything to do with Wii unless your connecting to your computer for internet, but why would you when you have a wireless router. Anyway, check the ports of your router or either put it on a DMZ and see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks, that makes good sense. Let me ask you this, also. Could there also be a problem with my modem, or is this strictly a router issue? I've tried to port forward my router with no success. Thanks again!

This most likley your Router and not your modem. There is a very small chance it could be your ISP that is blocking it but that is very unlikely. If you are port forwarding, make sure to set your Wii with a Static IP. Your static IP should be something like this:

IP 192.168.1.50 (Note the 50 should be a number out of your DHCP range)
subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1
Primary DNS: 208.67.222.222 (use openDNS to speed up internet connection)
Secondary DNS: 208.67.220.220 (I have another fourm open about this)
MTU: Set it to '0'

On the router make sure that the port forward is set to the IP address of the Wii.

Back