Netgear WNR2000 now won't connect

Dobian

WiiChat Member
Aug 1, 2009
I got this router a few days ago, and the first time I connected it worked. Now it doesn't, and when I redo the settings the "use this connection" is grayed out. The security is WPA-PSK, everything is set to auto, and no proxy. Nothing is different. Wireless network is fine, my daughter's laptop connects to it. It's just the Wii. I don't want to go back to using that WiFi usb connector again. I searched some of these threads but couldn't come up with an answer. Please help.

hello,

you are using high security level WPA-PSK is similar to TKIP (i think). when i tried TKIP which is higher then WEP and same problem it was gray outed. so i used WEP which is lower level security and it worked.

as of you laptop working fine ebcasue it supports that level of wireless security.

wii does not support high level of wireless security so try to reduce youe security level one down if not two down. same thing for ds if you have one.

i use WEP :)

sorry for my bad English. i am not English from india

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

It worked. The only thing is, I have to switch it back so my kid's laptop can connect, there is no WEP option on there. A bit of a nuisance, but no big deal. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back