network password issues

pink_sun

WiiChat Member
Mar 16, 2008
Ok, here is my situation....I'm sure more then 1 of you have come across this very simple problem. I can't remember my password for my wireless network! I tried to troubleshoot in windows to figure out how I reset it, but no such luck. Anyone got any ideas how I get my password back for my network. Only ever used the password once and that was to set up the network. I'll be darned if I remember what it is..lol Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Pink_sun

Assuming you've got administrative control of your wireless router, just go ahead and change the "shared key" (password) to something else. After you make the change, any laptops which were using the wireless network will pop up a dialog in which you can type the new password.

Expanding on Kryten's post, if you can supply us with the make of your router, we can tell you how to access your admin control (is likely going to be 192.168.0.1)

Howdy. I've got a linksys wireless G router. Someone told me that I had to re do my whole network, but I think that is a little extream. Anywho any advice on what the heck I do would be great. :wink:

reset button on router. hold down for 30 seconds. all settings and passwords go to default.

you wont be "redoing" your whole network. you're just "resetting up" your network. new password on your router, and new password on your wireless devices. get your pc to surf the internet first before you go for the wireless part. i always have trouble with the basic settings.

if you have cable internet, you may have to unplug and shut down everything.
it's recommended to do this:
1) unplug router and cable modem. turn off pc
2) plug in cable modem. wait 1 min till the modem gets connected.
3) plug in router. wait till router gets connected (about 1 min also)
4) turn on PC.
(at least i think that's what ur suppose to do)

Last edited:
Sweet. Thank you. I'll see if that works after my better half gets off the other computer..lol I will let you know if it worked or not. Thanks again

Well, I FINALLY did it. 2 days later..lol I reset my router but couldnt get back online. But got it all working and my internet connection is faster then it was before. But best of all I am now connected with my Wii. Sweet!
Thanks all for your help! I REALLY appreciate it!

Back