New 360??

Jay588

?
Sep 17, 2007
NYC
Ok so my 360 died from the red ring of death, i sent it in for repair and i've been checking up on it on the xbox support site, it arrived there and took a few days to change the status from "Device received at service center" to "Device being shipped to customer", but that is not the only thing that changed. it also has a different serial number now. Does this mean they are sending me a new one or a working repaired 360? I hope its a new one because my 360 was in pristine condition aside the red ring and I would be a little pissed if it came back all messed up lookin. or maybe they change the serial after the 360 is repaired? Has this happened to any of yous? Let me know the deal, thanks:cool:

its most likely a referb. however i dont understand why people dont like referbs. no matter what company, referbs have always had the lowest return rates because they were personally fixed instead of just mass produced.

Mitch2025 said:
its most likely a referb. however i dont understand why people dont like referbs. no matter what company, referbs have always had the lowest return rates because they were personally fixed instead of just mass produced.
I guess your right, but iduno..I just would be pissed if there were scratches on it and stuff. but atleast now I know its guaranteed to work if it has been refurbished I hope. its expected here tomorrow, pretty happy about that

the only thing that was bad about the console that i got back that was a referb was the faceplate. the peg on the sync button was broken off but i had saved my old faceplate from my other xbox so it didnt really matter to me

I've been wondering if any of the repaired machines are coming back with the updated MB and the new 65nm CPU/heat sink?

I read on TeamXbox and Xbox.com that the 65nm chip has been soft launched and that some Halo editions apparently have it (all sorts of specifics about Lot #'s, serial ranges, etc.).

If I were trying to mitigate possible returns, I'd circulate repaired machines back out with the new MB.

~DT

Mitch2025 said:
the only thing that was bad about the console that i got back that was a referb was the faceplate. the peg on the sync button was broken off but i had saved my old faceplate from my other xbox so it didnt really matter to me
see this is why im worried about a referb :scared: i would need to buy another faceplate. i hope i get lucky then lol thanks for pointing it out though, wish me luck for the morning lol

I got a new sexbox from Microsoft.
I dunno, but it seems to be working fine since then.
MICROSOFT FTW

Oh yeah, I just had to keep my HD and my faceplate (a GoW one :D) and they sent me a new system.

I called them, they said that they replace them because they can't be fixed.
Well, good luck, and hope I helped.

Back