new browser update problem

treeml

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2007
I don't know if anyone else is getting this problem, but every time I go into the shop channel and try and update the brower, it starts to update and then instantly tells me it has been successful. The memory blocks available jump back to their original amount and basically nothing happens. I thought this might be because the server is busy, but I have been trying for a couple of days now.

I can download all other channels and virtual games so it's definitley not my connection.

Anyone else having this problem?

Me! it simply will not update, it is so frustrating!!!
I am over in Australia, where are you at?
I have emailed Nintendo and am awaiting a reply.

im from Brazil, no a problem for me, the updates works just fine. I dit right when i got the message from nintendo.

Have you already updated the firmware on your wii? You need to do this before you can update the internet channel. Just a suggestion.

If you have already done this and it still doesn't work, I have no idea.:(

@andres: I'm in Aus to, where did you get an email address for Nintendo? (did you email nintendo aus or nintendo usa?)

yes, I have updated the firmware, i have the newest firmware. i have also attempted to delete the trial internet channel to redownload the internet channel; and it just downloads the trial version :(
I just went to the nintendo website and sent a email through the online form.. so probably USA support :S

(BTW, yes, I did follow the instructions to the exact letter)

andres said:
yes, I have updated the firmware, i have the newest firmware. i have also attempted to delete the trial internet channel to redownload the internet channel; and it just downloads the trial version :(
I just went to the nintendo website and sent a email through the online form.. so probably USA support :S

(BTW, yes, I did follow the instructions to the exact letter)

I also did exactly they same as andres, I tried again this morning for the 100th time and I am still getting the same issue. I am also in Australia.

So some people in Australia have got it OK right?

- Click Update from the Message
- After that, Go to the Wii shop and download the Internet channel [The Update it attached]

SORTED! - Don't see whats so hard about that

As 2 other members have pointed out, Update it from the Message Nintendo sent you (3 days ago I think; may vary in different countries). It only took about 5 minutes for me.

Wii_Smurf said:
- Click Update from the Message
- After that, Go to the Wii shop and download the Internet channel [The Update it attached]

SORTED! - Don't see whats so hard about that

wii_smurf there is nothing hard about it, How to do it isn't the issue.

The problem is when you do it, it doesn't work. At least not for me, and apparently a few other people.

At first I thought the servers might just be busy, but as it has been three days now, that seems unlikely.

Anyway, I have tried again since my last post, and I am still getting the same problem.

I went into the Wii menu to update cause I get the letters at least 9-10 hours after its actually downloadable..... I live in the United States. My update went perfect. I'm using the browser right now.

Major Tom said:
I went into the Wii menu to update cause I get the letters at least 9-10 hours after its actually downloadable..... I live in the United States. My update went perfect. I'm using the browser right now.
Lmfao. Rubbing alcohol in the wounds, c'mon, Tom. You can be a little nicer. ;)

Yes, well I did do what nintendo and you guys are telling us to... about 100 times :S
i don't think that being in Australia is a Coincidence... perhaps we are using a server where the wii channel has not been updated.. any ideas?

andres said:
Yes, well I did do what nintendo and you guys are telling us to... about 100 times :S
i don't think that being in Australia is a Coincidence... perhaps we are using a server where the wii channel has not been updated.. any ideas?
Being in Australia has nothing to do with it. I have the latest firmware and the full internet channel running smoothly and I'm in Aus. Sometimes some people just have the problems you're having, either keep trying and hopefully it will work, or just keep playing around with the settings.

Back