New Channels

UsedRugs

WiiChat Member
Mar 4, 2007
MP3 and movie file channel?? Sound coool?? I have 4gb SD, I download many videos and songs, right now the only way to play then is in sideshow mode on the picture channel.

What about a windows file access channel so I can play, read and copy files to the Wii via computer WiFi?

Thats not the point. I have my own music and books on MP3.

i just saw the media thing for the DS lite at walmart yesterday. i'm sure its super old news, but it had a 8GB storage capacity and you can play movies and mp3s on it. I would have bought it then and there, but you need flash cards to go with it, and they don't sell those there at walmart, i wasn't going to make an effort to find any.

UsedRugs said:
MP3 and movie file channel?? Sound coool?? I have 4gb SD, I download many videos and songs, right now the only way to play then is in sideshow mode on the picture channel.

What about a windows file access channel so I can play, read and copy files to the Wii via computer WiFi?

Check out www.orb.com. Download the program on your PC and then on your PC transfer video and/or music files into the designated folder you select (usually defaults to the "My Documents" folder).

On your Wii, go to https://mycast.orb.com/orb/html/index.html and login. After that, navigate on the mycast page to the folder on your PC where you transfered your video and music files into. Once you find the folder, stream away!!!

I've tried it and it works great. Enjoy!

GDC 2007: New Wii channel revealed
It's time to compare avatars.

During his GDC keynote, Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that a new channel will soon be added to the Wii. The new channel will allow you to compare Mii's with people from all over the world.

Shigeru stated "Today people are so taken with the Miis around the world. Im working on a new Mii channel. With this channel we are going to let people compare the Miis they created in a popularity contest. And you will be allowed to do this with people from around the world."

No pictures or images of this new channel were revealed, but we expect more information on the new channel to be revealed shortly.

cannon said:

During his GDC keynote, Shigeru Miyamoto revealed that a new channel will soon be added to the Wii. The new channel will allow you to compare Mii's with people from all over the world.

Shigeru stated "Today people are so taken with the Miis around the world. Im working on a new Mii channel. With this channel we are going to let people compare the Miis they created in a popularity contest. And you will be allowed to do this with people from around the world."
No pictures or images of this new channel were revealed, but we expect more information on the new channel to be revealed shortly.
Maybe a little city? Sound Cool? Make your house. Interact with other miis playing around the world. Some saftey rules. get stuff for your house with mii money, move your mii around the city, get a job, work for other miis, trade items. Sound cool. It might be to much to make it into a channle through:frown2:

UsedRugs said:
Is a pain to set up.

I'm still trying to get it to work properly. Why can't they just make a regular program with one install instead of having to install xampp, pearl add-on, wiicr, and wiicr tools? That is too many downloads!

Hey two dollar could you get pearl to install? Mine told me that Xamp was not installed.

I tried everything to install pearl.

cannon said:

Yeah supposdly Japanese Wii owners got messages sent to their Wii about it. Can't find the article where I read that just now, will look after classes.

UsedRugs said:
Hey two dollar could you get pearl to install? Mine told me that Xamp was not installed.

I tried everything to install pearl.

I just got it working. It's okay.....similar to Orb but a heck of a lot harder to set up. Download both the XAMPP and Pearl Ad-on from this page. Download the 30mb XAMPP 1.6.0a Installer and then on the same page, scroll down a little bit and install the 61mb Perl 5.8.8-2.2.4 add-on. After that, download the wiiCR and wiiCR tools and install both. Once that is done, follow the instructions on the "how to intsall" section on the wiicr.org page.

Back