New controller (its a bit rude)

DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
I think I found something thats pointless (again)
In this mounths edge mag

http://jennylc.com/intimate_controllers/
Vids on there (with shite b/g music)

Description
My thesis work involves building game controllers into undergarments so that games are played through players physically touching one another. The goal of this project was to research and create objects that challenge the traditional notions and orientation of video game play.

Personal Statement
The project began as an exercise for networked objects. I made a pong controller that was made from a bra. The mapping for the controller was simple - touching the left breast made the pong paddle go left and the right breast made the paddle go right. I then found out about a phenomenon called gamer widowhood where men essentially abandoned their wives to play video games night and day. I wanted to create a type of video game play that would center around a couple's intimacy and where two people would touch each other in order to play the game.

Background
I spent a lot of time looking at new interfaces for video game play and games that would be appropriate for the type of interface I was building. I also spent a lot of time looking at the Widows of Warcraft support group. Experimentation with wireless and minimizing circuit size was also executed extensively.

Audience
The audience is people in relationships who want to experiment with a combination of game play and intimacy

User Scenario
There are two controllers. The woman's controller is a bra with 6 sensors. The man's controller is a pair of shorts with 6 sensors. Man stands behind woman and each has access to others sensors. For the show, I'd like to have mannequins so viewers can try the interface out without having a partner with them

Implementation
The project is made from fSRs, atmel chips, Xbees, clothing, a flash game programmed by Sinan Ascioglu

nice find! i like it lol, repped

So
can you wash them?

I think Prinny was making fun of it.

I don't think our world needs another thing to dirty-up people. But those people might be onto something that will be very profitable. Only if they could make the game look a little better and move a little faster.

it was a students master thesis its not accually a product, it was done as an experiment, however if they had a decent game for it then yeah, but all it was was an idea to base his thesis on, he needed results not a product :)

Makes my dildo controller look crap

sherwood3570 said:
I think Prinny was making fun of it.

I don't think our world needs another thing to dirty-up people. But those people might be onto something that will be very profitable. Only if they could make the game look a little better and move a little faster.
Faster you say? :ihih:

Interesting from a technological standpoint...could become pretty big. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out. :/ Yet another company targeting towards an adult audience. :rolleyes:

Wiired said:
Whatever happened to old fashion four play? That used to be a great game.

Four player
ORGY

Back