New CycloWiz Wii Modchip

Can't wait to see if all this is true and if so if it's tough to install

I haven't used a Modchip since I installed one in my PS1, and I don't think I will install one now unless my Japanese skills GREATLY improve within the lifespan of the Wii.

Also, I have more than enough DVD players already, even if it would be a great addition to the Wii's abilities.

muzishun said:
yah it looks like this one can handle import games with a swap...
as the wiinja doesn't take import games... as far as i can see. for me that's the big issue.. i have a jap wii and i don't read japanese! so it really sucks!!!!!

So learn Japanese :D:D:D

PotatoWedgie said:
Not really. The description says it supports DVD+R and DVD-R, two formats of DVDs. That is, you can burn games to DVDs with your PC and play them on your Wii, as the hardware was designed to do.

No where does it say it can magically make your Wii into a DVD player. Exactly how would this work? Would the chip magically add a DVD channel to the list?

Actually, it's quite simple. The drive's chip has a firmware built into it that tells what its capabilities are. In this case we already know that the wii can read DVD type media, so it is possible for it to read DVDs. The only thing missing is the coding for it. As time passes newer hacks will get released, such as homebrew loaders. Someone will eventually release a program that will allow them to be viewed. Thanx.

-See Ya!!!

Here is a picture of it

cyclowizsam.jpg

Arcadium said:
I am personally so ****ing happy about it!

I'll buy it!

I really need to!

Edit: sorry for the double post

I wouldn't buy that one. It's not upgradeable, so when Nintendo releases an update that detects it (if possible), bad things will happen. Besides, it doesn't have as many features as WiiKey.

PotatoWedgie said:
I wouldn't buy that one. It's not upgradeable, so when Nintendo releases an update that detects it (if possible), bad things will happen. Besides, it doesn't have as many features as WiiKey.

What is wiikey?

Mario Famous said:
Nintendo updates your Wii system in some way every time you download a VC game or go on the internet. Nintendo will find a way to defend against homebrew attempts just as Sony is doing for the PSP and PS3.

I'm all for homebrew but like I said in another thread, I'll wait for a usb device exploit to pop up.
Sony cant do jack s*it about their firmware.....they keep losing the battle only weeks after the newest fw update......they are now running 3.03 and there is already a downgrader for it.....dark alex is the one and gets it every time.....in the past 3 months he has cracked 5 different psp frimwares that i know of....so there has to be some hacked fw out there

OK, when I see a mod-chip at my local store, it doesn't matter which, I'll but it.

Back