New Details Pokemon Pearl/Diamond

Oceanic

The Cake is a Lie
Jan 4, 2007
Australia
From the press room of Nintendo

ON APRIL 22, TWO NEW POKÉMON JEWELS WILL HAVE PEOPLE TALKING

Wireless and Chat Abilities of Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl Act Like a Cell Phone for Kids

REDMOND, Wash., March 15, 2007 - For a decade, fans of Pokémon® video games have been entertained by exciting adventures, dramatic battles and hundreds of new Pokémon. Now the record-setting franchise is evolving with Pokémon® Diamond Version and Pokémon® Pearl Version, two new games available April 22 for the top-selling Nintendo DS™. The in-depth games feature enhanced graphics that make Pokémon jump off the screen like never before. In addition to the 380 Pokémon available in previous versions, players can collect, train and battle more than 100 new Pokémon. After completing certain objectives, they can also import Pokémon from their Game Boy® Advance games. Starting March 18, fans who pre-order a copy of either game will receive one of two collectible Pokémon styluses (retailer may require pre-order deposit).

But the game's wireless abilities are what will have everyone talking - literally. Using a local wireless connection, up to eight trainers can connect and play. Both Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl are fully Wi-Fi compatible, meaning players can log onto Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection, Nintendo's wireless gaming service, and compete with players all around the world. The microphone built into the Nintendo DS even lets players talk with friends before, during and after battles. Only players who have entered one another's Friend Codes can communicate using this Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, feature so players can control with whom they communicate. For kids, it's like having a cell phone that can only connect with their friends. The Nintendo DS Headset, sold separately, makes these conversations a breeze.

"The amazing wireless and voice chat features of Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl offer gamers something completely new," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "We make games for everybody, and these Pokémon titles are sure to be a hit with new and returning players."

Players can trade Pokémon or battle with players anywhere in the world, even without voice communication. The Global Trade Station allows players to post Pokémon they want to trade on a board and browse through Pokémon other players have posted. The Battle Tower allows players to battle with seven Trainers who have registered their player data in the Wi-Fi Battle Dome. After the battle, players can upload their data so other Trainers can battle them virtually. The more games a player wins, the higher his or her ranking.

Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl feature the ability for players to control their Pokédex using the touch screen controls of Nintendo DS. As time passes in the real world, the look of the games changes. The Pokémon characters that appear change, and the evolution of some Pokémon is affected.

More than 155 million Pokémon games have been sold worldwide. When Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl were released in Japan, they became the fastest-selling Pokémon games ever, with 5 million units shipped to retailers in their first three months of availability. For more information about these games, visit www.Pokemon.com.

The worldwide innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. Since 1983, Nintendo has sold nearly 2.2 billion video games and more than 387 million hardware units globally, and has created industry icons like Mario™, Donkey Kong®, Metroid®, Zelda™ and Pokémon®. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in the Western Hemisphere. For more information about Nintendo, visit the company's Web site at www.nintendo.com.

Pokémon USA, Inc., a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia which includes licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, an animated TV series, home entertainment, the official Pokémon Web site and an online retail center www.pokemoncenter.com. Just coming off its 10th worldwide anniversary in 2006, Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 for play on Nintendo's Game Boy® and has since evolved into a global cultural phenomenon. Pokémon was introduced in North America in September 1998 and today is one of the most popular toy and entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.pokemon.com.

Enjoy!

Wooohooo Mines Coming Real Soon

****Delivery estimate: 29 Mar 2007 - 30 Mar 2007 1 of: Pokémon Diamond (Nintendo DS)*****

damn i pre ordered mine before march 18 so i guess i dont get a stylus...and to Xlaw whats so different would be everything talked about in that paragraph

not sure look it up on google..gamespot,wikipedia whereever....and if it coems out later for you just order it of ebay or something lol

I haven't touched Pokemon since I played Red. I cannot wait to get my copy of Diamond. I gotta get a DS first.

well i preorderd mine in feb and its say its gonna be delievered between 28th-30th of march, so i'll let ya no and rub it in if i get it.
Its from a 100% trusty uk vendor

Back