New Drive Not Working

torakuma

WiiChat Member
May 14, 2011
Hi Folks, my Grandaughter knocked her Wii off the table while playing a game and the end result was it no longer worked and a Disk was stuck inside. I was able to remove the Disk and now it accepts and rejects as normal but still will not play. Just tells me "Can not read Disk" and then spits it back out. It is a White Wii, Version 4.3U. I purchased a remanufactured Drive from E-Bay and after installing same it now does absolutely nothing. No light, nothing on screen and will not even accept the Disk. I've taken it apart three times now and checked all connections,still the same. I have reinstalled the old Drive and it does accept the Disk,still spins up, but again the error message so I'm back to square one. Did I buy the wrong Drive? Am I doing something wrong? Or did I purchase a defective Drive? The old Drive has never been Modded and was working fine until the accident and yes I have tried various other Disks, all with the same result. I'm at the end of my rope and really need some help, Thank you all.

I was going to say that Nintendo will fix it.
But it might cost you since its been opened

in all honestly very few members left who can tell you of a wii's innards.

To me this is the stuff of small independent game stores that fix 'em, and you might be better off buying a new one if you don't have a good friend in the refurbishing business.

Back