New 'Enhanced' verison of the Wii in development

COLDshiver

Wii Owner
Sep 14, 2006
America
Wii Online Code
4532-8683-6668-7765
Nintendo is actually making an 'enhanced' Wii that will first launch in Japan.

According to the latest edition of overseas magazine, Edge, Nintendo is developing an 'enhanced' version of its Wii console, equipped with DVD playback capabilities, which will launch in Japan next year.

So from this quote, it'll have dvd playback but that will probably not be the only 'enhanced' part. hopefully, they might add some hdtv support or something, hopefully

SOURCE

i kinda doubt it that it will happen aussie nintendo states '' apparantly a magazine claims that there will be a new nintendo...

This will probably be like the Panasonic Q. If anyone remembers that. It was an enhanced GameCube that was only available in Japan. I think it was called the 'Q'. I don't have a source, but I remember it having extra audio options, and some other things, like DVD playback.

if this was true, Nintendo would NOT want anyone to know about it before the release of wii. it could do nothing but harm sales - i.e. some ppl would have the mentallity that they'll wait for the 'enhanced' version.
therefore I have concluded it is most likely false.

panasonic-gamecube1.jpg

You could get these imported from Japan region free for about $1000 Australian, bit over the top really but still very cool, they might do it for the Wii as well.

OMG! that souped GCN, i saw that ages ago in a magazine, maybe years ago. But i just thought it was one of those fake things. Thats pretty cool that its real.

yeh i would assume that the next "wii" will be a gen 6 console if there is a "enhanced" version it will be most like likely japan only I would think nintendo would make the next wii a little more expanded some how and the next console will definitely have support for HDTV because i'd say at least 50% of america would have them by that time

Ah, read somewhere. This 'enhanced' version will only be available in Japan

Back