New game from Odin Sphere

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
The latest edition of Japanese publication Famitsu revealed two new Wii games. The first title is a fresh entry in the Fuurai no Shiren series of dungeon crawlers and the second is an original title from Odin Sphere developer Vanillaware dubbed Oboro Muramasa Youtouden.

The last iteration of the Fuurai no Shiren series released on Nintendo DS in December 2006. The Wii title will include new monsters, an "equipment development system" for items and approximately 30 dungeons to explore.

The character Shiren from previous games will return for the primary role and be accompanied by three other characters: Coppa, Asuka and Shinen's sensei. Fuurai no Shiren 3 currently carries a tentative 2008 release date for Japan. Whether or not the game will be brought to other territories is unknown.

Oboro Muramasa Youtouden is a side-scrolling action RPG title in which players will use the Wii Remote for sword swipes and other attacks. Vanillaware intends to implement gameplay that can be both quick and difficult in order to accommodate casual and dedicated players.

The game is visually similar to one the developer's most recent games, Odin Sphere, but with greater feudal Japan-era emphasis. Oboro Muramasa Youtouden will be published by Marvelous Interactive in Japan during 2008. No word of a worldwide release has been given.

This post made me flipout. Odin Sphere was crazy, and the screens look just as good, yet extremely similar. I wonder if it'll be odin sphere all over again, which isn't so bad.. I hope this comes out soon and atlus brings it to the U.S.

I can only hope this game gets released in US. I might cry if it doesn't...

Back