New Games for the week of Nov. 18

Backwards Man

WiiChat Member
Dec 9, 2006
As per IGN...

Link's Crossbow Training - Nov 19 - A free minigame included with the Wii Zapper, Link's Crossbow Training drops players into a world in the style of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Players assume the identity of hero Link, who progresses through a series of tests to perfect his crossbow marksmanship. Start with stationary bull's-eyes and graduate to moving targets before defending Link against all kinds of enemies.

AMF Bowling: Pinbusters - Nov 20 - No description...

Garfield Gets Real - Nov 20 - Garfield is back with a new look. Tired with his routine as a comic strip star, Garfield escapes the page and heads into the "real world." While living the low-key life of a real housecat, he learns his comic will be cancelled if he doesn't return before the newspaper goes to print. The video games will follow the storyline as Garfield plows through obstacles to make his way back home.

Geometry Wars: Galaxies - Nov 20 - The Geometry Wars: Galaxies videogame allows players to blast-off on action-paced quests across the galaxy, defending solar systems one by one, defeating waves of alien enemies on new and classic Battle Grids.

For the first time ever, the Geometry Wars videogame will let players battle via hot seat, co-op, simultaneous and versus in multiplayer mode. Those that own both the Nintendo DS and Wii can link the game together using Wi-Fi to unlock bonus content. Elite players will be able to challenge the universe by posting high scores on the Wii’s online leader board.

The Geometry Wars: Galaxies videogame also includes the full version of Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved, winner of IGN’s 2005 Best XBLA Title of The Year.

Ghost Squad - Nov 20 - Based on the action-packed arcade game, Ghost Squad puts you in a a squad of three others as you traverse three different mission areas each comprised of multiple levels, unlocking 25 high-powered weapons as you progress. Within each level there are a series of selectable alternate routes that will provide the gamer with increasing challenges as enemies attack from unexpected places. Weapon selection is varied across a wide array of weapon types ranging from machine guns, submachine guns, pistols, sniper rifles, shotguns, and even crossbows.

The Wii version brings the arcade experience home and adds a number of new Wii-specific gameplay modes and features. The game features the use of the Wii Remote as a multi-purpose tool that allows players to easily control the targeting of on-screen enemies, defuse bombs, and rescue hostages.

Indoor Sports - Nov 20 - no description...

M&M's Kart Racing - Nov 20 - Fasten your seat belts for the exciting new action racing game, M&M's Kart Racing! M&M's Kart Racing breathes new life into the arcade racing by combining the adventure elements (collecting items on the race track) and high speed racing with the funny and parodic style of candy competition. Compete against other players on 10 different race tracks and collect unique bonus items on each level.

Monster Jam 07 - Nov 20 - no description...

Puppy Luv - Nov 20 - no description...

Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure - Nov 20 - In the oceans of earth millions of years ago, danger was never far away and monsters lurked in every shadow. Experience this astounding world by playing as six different prehistoric marine reptiles, each with special skills – from extreme speed to thick armor and powerful crunching jaws. Start your adventure in an area of inland sea that will only get more dangerous as time passes. Take on foes, hunt for prey and unlock hidden challenges. Your goal is to find a way to truly escape these waters. How to accomplish your escape is something you’ll have to figure out on your journey. Now take control of your first Sea Monster and begin your adventure!

Showtime Championship Boxing - Nov 20 - Based on the popular Showtime Championship Boxing series, the Nintendo Wii game will feature 14 boxers fighting it out in four different fight locations—Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas. Using intuitive body movements, the Boxers can block, dodge, punch, and throw combos in three different modes. The Title Belt fight mode will take the player through multiple rounds and opponents in a quest to become champion of the world. Players can also take advantage of wireless capabilities when fighting head-to-head with a friend.

Soulcalibur Legends - Nov 20 - In Soulcalibur Legends, follow the 16th century exploits of Siegfried and Soulcalibur characters, new and old as they find themselves on a quest for ultimate power in order to save an empire from destruction. Using the Wii Remote and Nunchuk as their weapons of choice, players perform moves and combos using orchestrated slashes and movements. Sword fighting capabilities are pushed to the limit as gamers unleash special attacks to crush scores of enemies and large bosses. Earn honored titles such as Knight or Soldier as you master special attacks acquired throughout the adventure while battling through diverse stages and environments. With multiple modes of play and the help of familiar faces, the Soulcalibur universe can be viewed in an entirely new light.

Star Trek: Conquest - Nov 20 - Players take control of Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, Dominion, and Breen forces and lead them in a campaign to control the Galaxy, one planet at a time. Build and manage your growing empire in turn-based strategy, fully utilizing the Wii Remote as you select and maneuver your starships throughout the large, galactic map.

Strategically, you must effectively manage limited resources to expand your empire. You decide how to best achieve objectives by managing your fleets and admirals, building support structures, researching technology, and engaging your enemies in combat.

Once battle is initiated, Conquest switches to a ship level tactical view allowing direct command of your ships as you engage in real-time combat. While maneuvering your starship with the Nunchuk, take direct aim and fire away with the Wii Remote.

Trauma Center: New Blood - Nov 20 - This sequel to the Wii/DS surgeon sim follows both Dr. Markus Vaughn and Valerie Blaylock, two Alaskan surgeons with the Healing Touch who are recruited into the Concordia Medical Institute after their local facilities closes down. Once there, they learn that the doctors on staff are regularly more concerned with maintaining their excessive lifestyles than they are with the patients they tend to. Markus and Valerie are eventually taken into a government organization known as Caduceus, where they begin to learn about a vast conspiracy. The game comes complete with a fully functioning two-player cooperative mode in which gamers will have full control over each character, both operating with all their tools at the same time. The characters are brought to life with full voice work, there is an online score ranking system, and the game offers 480p and 16:9 widescreen modes.

Mini Desktop Racing - Nov 23 - Mini Desktop Racing is a single and multiplayer racing game with a top down view, much like "Micro Machines". Every level challenges the player to find the best way of navigating through the obstacles and special interactive items. The game offers the chance to zoom through the everyday office environment with a new perspective. Everything in the levels can be played with, bumped in the way of your oppo-nents, smashed, activated to change the gameplay (turning on fans or magnets, spilling drinks, etc.)

Offroad Extreme Special Edition - Nov 23 - Use the Wiimote in a steering wheel position to race through quarries, canyons, and mines.

M&M's Kart Racing is going to be the best Wii game ever!!!!!:wtf: :wtf:, might rent Garfield and Trauma Center.

Star Trek Conquest could be fun. I think Cabela's Big Game Hunter comes out next week too.

Loved Trauma Center for the DS. Didn't buy the Wiimake. I do plan on picking up New Blood though. It's been getting very solid reviews. Also, I'll probably get Link's Crossbow Training. I really can't pass it up when it's only $20. Plus, I heard it has multiplayer. Sounds pretty cool.

sould calibour and gosht squad seems to be the only games to appeal to me

eh? Ghost Squad and Trauma Center are good rents, but that's about it >.<. Soul Calibur Legends...maybe?

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ikp45Jd8u60[/MEDIA]

Testing embeding media. Star Trek Conquest trailer, if it works.

eh id rather play sumthin like bw2 if i had to pick a rts-esque game

ghost squad sounds good, rail shooters r loads of fun at the arcade w/ friends so it should be good at home too

nothing good here. links crossbow cause it comes w/the zapper but i still dont think i want the zapper. ghost squad..maybe a rent cause i get free game rentals but idn if that ones worth my time, i still need to get RE:UC

metalfreak said:
eh id rather play sumthin like bw2 if i had to pick a rts-esque game

ghost squad sounds good, rail shooters r loads of fun at the arcade w/ friends so it should be good at home too

That's cool, and I respect your opinion. I just hope you're not making it because the BWii says Nintendo on the box. The Star Trek game is retailing for $30. If you're a fan of RTS games, it could be worth renting to see if it's any good.

I really enjoyed the Star Trek Armada games, and the DS game was pretty fun. This game looks like it uses similar shield setups as the DS. I noticed it's $30 before this post, so I'm definately getting it now. :smilewinkgrin:

Either way, if I get the game next week I will write up a full review for WiiChat.

sirgrim said:
That's cool, and I respect your opinion. I just hope you're not making it because the BWii says Nintendo on the box. The Star Trek game is retailing for $30. If you're a fan of RTS games, it could be worth renting to see if it's any good.

I really enjoyed the Star Trek Armada games, and the DS game was pretty fun. This game looks like it uses similar shield setups as the DS. I noticed it's $30 before this post, so I'm definately getting it now. :smilewinkgrin:

Either way, if I get the game next week I will write up a full review for WiiChat.

my reasoning behind saying bw2 wad not only based upon it being a "nintendo" product but because:
a) im not a star trek series or game fan
b) it seems to be a much more diverse and rewarding experience c) i know more about it
and d) it has gotten more media attn. meaning it has a higher chance of being succesful

then again im not a HUGE rts fan so take my opinionsfor wat their worth

Back